Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MewsBuildCostsD6

Options
  • 01-04-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm looking at the possibility of building a 1500sq foot two and a half storey mews at the rear of a house in the south Dublin area.

I have no prior experience in this and am looking to evaluate all the relevant costs to get a rough idea of the overall budget for such a project. Ultimately I want to turn an existing garden into a 3 bed mews in turnkey condition - with a medium spec finished interior.

I have gotten a wide range of estimates from different people on the cost of building and would like to get a better idea from anyone out there with knowledge or experience of something similar.

What are the fees that form part of the whole process. e.g. architect, planning application etc. and any estimates to these costs would be great.

A total start to finish estimate would be great too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

Build Costs could be roughly €150,000 to €200,000+

Architect, Structural Engineer, Drainage Engineer, Assigned & Design Certifiers could all be required
    Allow from €15,000 to €40,000+ for all Professionals needed

Contribution costs to South Dublin council also required €10,000+
    For drainage connections
    (this differs greatly depending on local council)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

Development levies-about €12,000
    Design drawings- €1500 to €3500 depending on who you use. planning application typically €1100 to €1500 depending on who you use.
    Build costs-depend on if you employ a builder or do it yourself with tradesmen.
    Assigned certifier, structural engineering, the final cert for planning and the land registration could be rolled into one package if you use a Chartered Engineer. If you can find yourself someone who is working as sole trader the fees need not be too big as overheads are lower. Ask for PI insurance.

Advertisement