Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Food

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Several people here have tried it (Markus Muhle Natur Nah) with great success; I think one or two tried it and it did not work for their dogs. For the price per kg you'll be hard pressed to beat it in quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I've been feeding my two on it for the last 18 months maybe longer, it's the only food I've tried that has the younger one (fussy eater) still hopping up and down at feeding times after all this time, she loves it (older one will eat anything), people always comment on how shiny they are and their poops are regular and solid.

One tip if you do try it is to feed a bit less than the recommended amount on the pack, another poster on here posted about this, I think they'd had a tip from one of the MM sales reps or someone who worked for them, I had noticed they'd put on a little bit of weight on it first so I just went a bit below the RDA and it's grand now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I used it for a good while as treats (I feed raw) but then decided to cut out as much as possible with rice in it because one of Lucy's ears can get very dirty. I switched to Champion grain fee and all good with the ear. So if you don't have any cereal-related issues I'd say go for it - zooplus.co.uk have a free racoon toy!!!!!!!! :D

...Treat wise I find the champion better because it's small compared to the MM - the dogs aren't getting huge pieces like the MM - good for my wallet and their waist line.. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I did not like MM. I hated the fact 15kg looked like very little in the feed bin. Did not really suit my dogs either.

I moved all mine to Champion Grain free last week & I'm delighted with it so far. Very easy to clean up after them. I put my heavily pregnant bitch on the puppy version & it has been great for her too. I get it from Dogfooddirect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

HUGE fan of MM Naturnah.

Ours are half raw fed, half MM (morning meals).

Jack is 15 months and has NEVER turned his nose up at a meal. Hugo, on it the last year or more - same story.

I personally think it's a great feed for the money.

88B70459-E57C-4DA1-AA6E-A56429A81EDF_zpszlyz8mtt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    I've been feeding this for 6 months now and he's in great form, but I was just double checking that I wasn't being lazy in reordering the same again, and that there wasn't better for the money out there.
    He doesn't have grain issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi , would anyone know about the more brand of dog food, I want to get the best so would the mm brand be the better option or the champion brand as mentioned above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I personally wont feed the dog any food with wheat/maize or similar in it. It just doesnt suit my current dog. That being said i may never buy a dog food with it in it again.

Have been feeding lukullus the last 4 or 5 years and she loves it. Constantly getting comments on her coat and condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Having used both MM & Champion & now recently the Champion Grain Free. Champion gets my vote. I don't like the hard pressed nuggets & neither did my dogs. I found it only an ok food. The Champion Grain Free I think has the higher meat content. I do feed mine raw too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I personally wont feed the dog any food with wheat/maize or similar in it. It just doesnt suit my current dog. That being said i may never buy a dog food with it in it again.

Have been feeding lukullus the last 4 or 5 years and she loves it. Constantly getting comments on her coat and condition.

I'm a Lukullus fan myself, not tried Markus Muhle personally.

With Lukullus my boys have changed drastically (they went from Burns to lukullus), both physically and mentally they are different. They seem so much brighter and sharper. Their coats are glossier. The groomer couldn't get over how soft their coats were after being groomed.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Knine wrote: »
    Having used both MM & Champion & now recently the Champion Grain Free. Champion gets my vote. I don't like the hard pressed nuggets & neither did my dogs. I found it only an ok food. The Champion Grain Free I think has the higher meat content. I do feed mine raw too.
    Well looking at the price per kg on dogsdirect you could go to Taste of the Wild for 80% meat rather than 50% for the same price per kilo basically if you want an alternative :).

80% is the highest I've seen in any kibble to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Nody wrote: »
    Well looking at the price per kg on dogsdirect you could go to Taste of the Wild for 80% meat rather than 50% for the same price per kilo basically if you want an alternative :).

80% is the highest I've seen in any kibble to date.

:o I know..but I was on a mission to banish rice so couldn't wait for a delivery from zooplus lol! I had to have it asap (I have no patience!! :p) My dad works near DFD's depot so I went with champion. I use it for treats and just get 1-2kg bags so it's won't be sitting there for months at a time - the smallest bag of TOTW would be too big for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

No personal experience but it gets a lot of praise here.

Advertisement