Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat's and Hair Balls

• 01-04-2015 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

As it is getting into full on moulting season, is there anything that I could give the cat to help with hair balls. She does get brushed but still has hair balls.

My partner mentioned that we should be giving her some sort of oil??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Defurr-UM Hairball Remedy - if you are really concerned she has a problem with hair balls.
    I would wait and see if it is really needed. (The stuff looks yucky and ours would run for miles rather then lick off the goo).
    Our lot usually has no problems with hair balls, make sure she has some access to grass. They eat grass to help bring up any hair balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

There is a product you can buy called Defurrum, ~€10 for a tube, you can put it in food or feed it straight from the tube. My cat loves the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We use Defurrum too for our cats. Just to say that our cats will only eat it direct from the tube for some reason.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

My partner mentioned that we should be giving her some sort of oil??

Cats don't tolerate it, but pineapple juice is actually quite good and scientifically proven to break down trichobezoars.

Advertisement