Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your 076 prefix costing me money for calls back?

Options
  • 01-04-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've just had a missed call and message from an executive in Bank of Ireland and I've tried to call him back on the 076 etc number he left for me, but my phone company gives me a voice message stating that I do not have enough credit to make the call. I was sure that I had a lot of credit left but just to be sure, I phoned my local library and it rang and was answered.

So I'm asking if your 076 numbers are like premium numbers and does it cost customers more than the standard land line cost to phone you?

Thank you in advance for your speediest reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

shiftkey wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've just had a missed call and message from an executive in Bank of Ireland and I've tried to call him back on the 076 etc number he left for me, but my phone company gives me a voice message stating that I do not have enough credit to make the call. I was sure that I had a lot of credit left but just to be sure, I phoned my local library and it rand and was answered.

So I'm askig if your 076 numbers are like premium numbers and does it cost customers more than the standard landline cost to phone you?

Hi shiftkey,

This would depend on your mobile provider. Please contact them to enquire what they would charge to make call to the 076 prefix as this may differ from provider to provider.  

If we can help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭shiftkey

Hi,
    I've just had a missed call and message from an executive in Bank of Ireland and I've tried to call him back on the 076 etc number he left for me, but my phone company gives me a voice message stating that I do not have enough credit to make the call. I was sure that I had a lot of credit left but just to be sure, I phoned my local library and it rand and was answered.

So I'm askig if your 076 numbers are like premium numbers and does it cost customers more than the standard landline cost to phone you?

Hi shiftkey,

This would depend on your mobile provider. Please contact them to enquire what they would charge to make call to the 076 prefix as this may differ from provider to provider.  

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,
    Thank you for your advice. I shall again check with my mobile provider if I am tariff-blocked from making a call to a 076 number, but may I ask if you are saying that the prefix 076 may incur a higher charge rate than a standard land line call?
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi,

Hi shiftkey,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,
    Thank you for your advice. I shall again check with my mobile provider if I am tariff-blocked from making a call to a 076 number, but may I ask if you are saying that the prefix 076 may incur a higher charge rate than a standard land line call?
    Thanks again.
    Hi shiftkey,

Thanks for your post.

Again, to clarify this please contact your phone provider to confirm if they regard an 076 number to be a standard land-line number.

Janette

Advertisement