Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming with Data in the E.U.

Options
  • 01-04-2015 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

As far as I know Meteor or Emobile do not do roaming data sims.Meteor told me theirs work but after buying 40eiro credit they would NOT work in E.U. and customer service says it is a network technical problem. Ha Ha
    I was stuck in France but a very nice person in a Orange shop sold me a payasyougo sim and it worked perfectly with local rates too.

The best ones are three which work in nearly all E.U. countries but can be expensive.

The E.U. have let the mobile companies off the hook(all roaming rates were to be the same from July this year) but now this has been put back another 3 years.

I have used Three sim  in France/Spain/Italy no problem just make sure you are on the correct network and topped up before you go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

John Dough wrote: »
    As far as I know Meteor or Emobile do not do roaming data sims.Meteor told me theirs work but after buying 40eiro credit they would NOT work in E.U. and customer service says it is a network technical problem. Ha Ha
    I was stuck in France but a very nice person in a Orange shop sold me a payasyougo sim and it worked perfectly with local rates too.

The best ones are three which work in nearly all E.U. countries but can be expensive.

The E.U. have let the mobile companies off the hook(all roaming rates were to be the same from July this year) but now this has been put back another 3 years.

I have used Three sim  in France/Spain/Italy no problem just make sure you are on the correct network and topped up before you go.
    Hi John Dough

The following info here will clarify: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057406386

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

Only problem is they do not work while roaming. Meteor do not tell you that when you buy them so buyers beware.

Advertisement