Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Vision plus box any better??

Options
  • 01-04-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Is this new box any better than the old one which crased all the time as due to cancel Sky and try Eircom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I don't know about the quality of evision as I've been waiting weeks now for Eircom to fulfill any of their promises to even restore our phoneline and broadband after attempting to sign up to evision. 

Check the forum here for more of the horror stories on signing up with Eircom and evision.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

Never had any problem with Eircom when I signed up for fibre they gave me a date to call then got a call to say it would be a day later and sure enough the engineer arrived on time and explained what he was going to do ,said he would put modem anywhere I wanted it through walls etc. not a problem then he installed and said he would be back to test the line when he connected up to the cabinet and back he came in about 15 minutes and declared it at 40 mbps (i applied for the 50mbps one) and said if I was in a new estate I would get the full whack up to `100mbps.

Must say very happy with it with no slowing down that others reported then again I would not be a huge downloader but my son is and his is great. No limit he says apparently!!

I was unsure whether to sign up for the TV box as had seen bad reports on the first version they supplied perhaps someone knows what manufacturer makes the box for them so could check their site for feedback but as the first six months are free I might just try it on someones reccomendation. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Its nice to hear at least one person with a good news story with Eircom.  It certainly seems to be the exception to have a positive experience with them. 

On the quality (or otherwise) of evision there is a thread over here on the Cable/MMDS/IPTV forum on evision which might be the right place to ask about new evision boxes.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057051968&page=41

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

John Dough wrote: »
    Is this new box any better than the old one which crased all the time as due to cancel Sky and try Eircom.
    Hi John

If you check this link out it will bring you to some feedback surrounding evision : http://community.eircom.net/t5/Ideas-Suggestions-Chat/eVision-DVR-usability/td-p/73695

Also, here's a full list of channels which evision offers, it will also detail which HD channels are available : https://www.eircom.net/tv/?pageversion=full

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Just to echo John Dough's experience, we've had the EVision service for a couple of months now.  

No problems at all and I'd recommend it.  

The only thing I'd look out for is their charges for UK calls.    You can buy an add on pack to get a set number of minutes each month but it's probably not worth it unless you call a lot.

Get a Tesco Sim and stick a fiver on it.   They charge 1 cent per minute to UK landlines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Mezcita wrote: »
    Just to echo John Dough's experience, we've had the EVision service for a couple of months now.  

No problems at all and I'd recommend it.  

The only thing I'd look out for is their charges for UK calls.    You can buy an add on pack to get a set number of minutes each month but it's probably not worth it unless you call a lot.

Get a Tesco Sim and stick a fiver on it.   They charge 1 cent per minute to UK landlines.
    Cheers for the feedback Mezcita

Al

Advertisement