Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Center Parcs Resort for Longford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how it goes. Quite a new idea for the Irish market, only vaguely comparable site I can think of is Trabolgan, which was a bit run down a decade ago and cheaper. Anyone who has stayed there will know of the regular promotional material to fill off season dates. If it does succeed and hopefully it will, there will be others queuing up to replicate. 'Cos that's what happens in the Irish tourist market :)

Hopefully it goes well, doesn’t particularly float my boat but I’d say maybe next year we’ll do a few days off season midweek before our oldest starts school.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Has this opened for business yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

JupiterKid wrote:
    Has this opened for business yet?

Officially opened Monday. However social media was awash from bloggers "influencers" , media types and invited persons with glowing reports. Important to mention all those availing if the park prior to Monday were all staying for "FREE".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Officially opened Monday. However social media was awash from bloggers "influencers" , media types and invited persons with glowing reports. Important to mention all those availing if the park prior to Monday were all staying for "FREE".

it was a soft opening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

We had been looking for a specific date in mid-Sept, had a look for a date later in Sept and the price has gone up!

Both dates were after school return and mid-week.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Bredabe wrote: »
    We had been looking for a specific date in mid-Sept, had a look for a date later in Sept and the price has gone up!

Both dates were after school return and mid-week.

Strange the price has gone up - unless they can see there's a big demand and decided to cash in.

Tesco has a voucher system and afaik you can save upto €140 on a Center Parcs trip - worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

marvin80 wrote: »
    Strange the price has gone up - unless they can see there's a big demand and decided to cash in.

Tesco has a voucher system and afaik you can save upto €140 on a Center Parcs trip - worth looking into.

I don't see how it's strange, that's how most places operate. Big demand, prices go up to maximise revenue, low demand, prices go down to maximize occupancy.

I don't see how it's strange, that's how most places operate. Big demand, prices go up to maximise revenue, low demand, prices go down to maximize occupancy.

Both dates had a large selections of lodges available, so Im not sure the demand is as big as they like to make it look by putting the prices up.

Just strange considering any post or article I've seen about Center Parcs the vast majority of comments are saying how expensive it is.

Although, in saying that I know a few people who have booked and don't see any issue with the pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

We're booked in for midweek, mid September - I'm still having trouble with the fact that I'm getting a flight to travel to Longford for a holiday, not my idea yet I get to pay for it, whohoo!

No idea on the level of accom but I did state that I wasn't travelling if minimum spec didn't include a hot-tub, I'm told my demand has been granted. Anyway, the pool looks really good so myself and our near 3 yr old will have a ball. Not really sure what else is there.

• Advertisement

marvin80 wrote: »
    Just strange considering any post or article I've seen about Center Parcs the vast majority of comments are saying how expensive it is.

Although, in saying that I know a few people who have booked and don't see any issue with the pricing.
    Just looking at the accommodation price, it is expensive for what it is, the only reason we were looking at it was that the perceived isolation and activities are exactly what we need.

There was an article in the indo this am, detailing the cost of some of the activities, 2e for a towel for the pool.

Having to bring my own food makes it a too much of the old self catering hols my parents used to drag us on as kids, unlikely we'll be back after this trip.

Its an idea that Ireland needs more of tho.

Just looking at the accommodation price, it is expensive for what it is, the only reason we were looking at it was that the perceived isolation and activities are exactly what we need.

There was an article in the indo this am, detailing the cost of some of the activities, 2e for a towel for the pool.

Having to bring my own food makes it a too much of the old self catering hols my parents used to drag us on as kids, unlikely we'll be back after this trip.

Its an idea that Ireland needs more of tho.

Is it not 2 euro to rent a towel but you can just bring your own for free like most pools? It’s an additional service that you can pay for but they certainly don’t have you in a position where you have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

salmocab wrote: »
    Is it not 2 euro to rent a towel but you can just bring your own for free like most pools? It’s an additional service that you can pay for but they certainly don’t have you in a position where you have to pay.

Yes thats exactly it, you can bring you own towel to the pool, however if you choose not to then you can avail of their towels and rent one for €2

I know that, but when the pool is free, for me its a stretch too far, esp in our situation.
    I would be less bothered if I knew it was a towel worth the cost, but its likely not. Even my own towels dont work out at 2e per use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It's too expensive for me.

I will stick to the likes of Spain and Portugal. I d'ont have to do self catering over there to eat properly and I won't be robbed either.

I know that, but when the pool is free, for me its a stretch too far, esp in our situation.
    I would be less bothered if I knew it was a towel worth the cost, but its likely not. Even my own towels dont work out at 2e per use.

I don’t understand what you mean by a stretch too far, you can just bring your own towels like at most pools or if you forgot you can pay 2 euro. It’s hardly a rip off as it’s so easily avoided. You can’t complain about the quality of the towel you haven’t seen either as that’s just weird.

I don’t understand what you mean by a stretch too far, you can just bring your own towels like at most pools or if you forgot you can pay 2 euro. It’s hardly a rip off as it’s so easily avoided. You can’t complain about the quality of the towel you haven’t seen either as that’s just weird.

Bringing things like towels is too much when its an on foot party and having to bring food as well. Granted thats a personal thing, but then I did say it was a step too far for me, esp as the budget would not stretch to that many towels on a daily basis.

As it happens I do know the quality of the towels, a friend was there for the opening last week. So thanks for labelling me 'weird', you dont have all the info, so a bit of an own goal.

That aside when we had to cancel, it was misinformation central. 1st point staff didnt seem to know the full T&C's as they applied to Longford.

Bringing things like towels is too much when its an on foot party and having to bring food as well. Granted thats a personal thing, but then I did say it was a step too far for me, esp as the budget would not stretch to that many towels on a daily basis.

As it happens I do know the quality of the towels, a friend was there for the opening last week. So thanks for labelling me 'weird', you dont have all the info, so a bit of an own goal.

That aside when we had to cancel, it was misinformation central. 1st point staff didnt seem to know the full T&C's as they applied to Longford.

Own goal? You said about the quality of the towels it’s likely not. You hardly used that term when you already knew they weren’t good quality towels.
    Your not keen on the place and think it’s too expensive and that’s fine but your complaining about the towels is just looking for negatives. Not wanting to carry towels when they can easily go in the bag with the swimming gear just sounds like the weakest complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

staff are being run ragged.

• Advertisement

Own goal? You said about the quality of the towels it’s likely not. You hardly used that term when you already knew they weren’t good quality towels.
    Your not keen on the place and think it’s too expensive and that’s fine but your complaining about the towels is just looking for negatives. Not wanting to carry towels when they can easily go in the bag with the swimming gear just sounds like the weakest complaint.

I was looking forward to going, but the child the break was aimed at will be back in the hospital the dates we had booked.

I said that towels that cost 2e a day had better be as good as the ones I would bring if we not carrying a rucksack and wheel bag each and a back pack for each of the youngsters, as we dont have a car it was a fine balancing act as to what we could carry (in this case the food seemed to be the priority).

Given the cost for our group and the time, once calculated the rent for those towels was the cost of a bike and helmet for our keen cyclist!

As I have said already, we are coming by public transport and that means we are severely curtailed in what we can bring, there is not a single mm of space left esp for something as bulky as a handful of towels.

My training tells me the fact that this is causing potential clients to mention it at all, means that their pricing structure needs adjusting, while we are not typical but for some families (those who need to be factored into any long term survival strategies) e2 x3ppl x 3 days min maybe too much, especially as the are ignoring non car based market .

Not having a shuttle from the station means ppl arriving that way will be restricted on what they can carry and that impacts on their choice of venue.

While we are making personal remarks as to ppl's motives, why do you care enough to comment over two days on a throw away remark on the cost of towels a stranger on the internet made ?

If you went to Spain on holidays how would you manage without towels?

If you went to Spain on holidays how would you manage without towels?
    If I went to Spain on hols, there would be better transport available to I would not have to choose between towels and a child's special diet foods/medicines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

€5300 for a week in August for 2 adults and 2kids in the executive house😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

shamrock55 wrote: »
    €5300 for a week in August for 2 adults and 2kids in the executive house������

Executive? Where are you getting that price? Sounds more like the exclusive houses.

If I went to Spain on hols, there would be better transport available to I would not have to choose between towels and a child's special diet foods/medicines.

Right...
    Except you've to fly to Spain

Though Centre Parcs has an airstrip nearby in Abbeyshrule

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I was looking forward to going, but the child the break was aimed at will be back in the hospital the dates we had booked.

I said that towels that cost 2e a day had better be as good as the ones I would bring if we not carrying a rucksack and wheel bag each and a back pack for each of the youngsters, as we dont have a car it was a fine balancing act as to what we could carry (in this case the food seemed to be the priority).

Given the cost for our group and the time, once calculated the rent for those towels was the cost of a bike and helmet for our keen cyclist!

As I have said already, we are coming by public transport and that means we are severely curtailed in what we can bring, there is not a single mm of space left esp for something as bulky as a handful of towels.

My training tells me the fact that this is causing potential clients to mention it at all, means that their pricing structure needs adjusting, while we are not typical but for some families (those who need to be factored into any long term survival strategies) e2 x3ppl x 3 days min maybe too much, especially as the are ignoring non car based market .

Not having a shuttle from the station means ppl arriving that way will be restricted on what they can carry and that impacts on their choice of venue.

While we are making personal remarks as to ppl's motives, why do you care enough to comment over two days on a throw away remark on the cost of towels a stranger on the internet made ?

Look, no offence or anything, but I don't think Centerparks is for you. It's really aimed at families arriving in cars, subsidised corporate breaks, that kind of thing. Their structure has worked for years elsewhere so they are unlikely to change it just so that it is suitable for you to go to Longford.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Anyone know if there's a non 1890 number for them, or to cut to the point, does anyone know if they have electric car charging on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Anyone know if there's a non 1890 number for them, or to cut to the point, does anyone know if they have electric car charging on site?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057940899/47/#post110912314

Ask there, few people staying there at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Was there over the weekend. Had a great time and so did the kids.

Advertisement