Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Center Parcs Resort for Longford

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

FFVII wrote: »
    They've hiked prices by a grand on same trip this time last year and people are still happy to pay.

I found out why they can't keep staff in much of their departments. Its some kip... possibly even worse than lidl.

Yeah people are happy to pay so they must be doing something right, staff wise if they were struggling then I wouldn’t think they’d be putting themselves in a position where they need another 250, I’m sure some staff hate it but that’s true of lots of workplaces. Despite Covid they are expanding so it’s been a big success so far with mostly as far as I can see great reports on it. I went in low season early last year and we had a great time, not sure I’d see much value in the high season prices which I suspect given the year we are having are driven even higher by people not going abroad, currently there are pool restrictions which I wouldn’t be keen on but hopefully early next year we’ll be in a position to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Pool was quite busy at times pre pandemic. I’m wondering will they stick with booking system when it’s expanded.

We’d love to go again but I would not pay the high season prices.

fits wrote: »
    Pool was quite busy at times pre pandemic. I’m wondering will they stick with booking system when it’s expanded.

We’d love to go again but I would not pay the high season prices.

The publicity blurb said there is to be expansion to that area, plus places to eat and some outdoor activities. That will help take the extra pressure off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

They've hiked prices by a grand on same trip this time last year and people are still happy to pay.

I found out why they can't keep staff in much of their departments. Its some kip... possibly even worse than lidl.

Didn't they drop prices by over 30% last summer as many facilities were closed. And they applied the discount to all bookings and introduced flexible cancellation terms with full refund.

As a poster said above, some people just hate to accept something positive.

I'm hoping to go in the autumn and look forward to it. If it's similar to their french resorts, I'll be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Darc19 wrote: »
    Didn't they drop prices by over 30% last summer as many facilities were closed. And they applied the discount to all bookings and introduced flexible cancellation terms with full refund.

As a poster said above, some people just hate to accept something positive.

I'm hoping to go in the autumn and look forward to it. If it's similar to their french resorts, I'll be very happy.
    Theirs another thread in AH, €1000 more for same thing.

• Advertisement

Theirs another thread in AH, €1000 more for same thing.

To be fair a lot of those comparisons don’t stack up, it’s like booking a flight, prices go up as the date approaches. I’ve seen people quote massive prices as an outrage but then they’ve priced the most expensive available accommodation.
    It’s certainly expensive though and can be expensive once there, it doesn’t really pretend otherwise and has a market to sell to.
    Personally I’d prefer a week or two in the sun but for a short trip in low season it’s a great place to go.

Its quite an expensive weekend away before you factor in paying for the activities.

Can you give me an idea how much you spent per person per day to do the activities and was there much waiting/queuing? Thanks.

Advertisement