Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sleeve/bolt for holding calipers.

• 01-04-2015 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Just building a bike and the Brakes I've bought come with have nuts(recessed into the fork and seat stay bridge, kind of like sleeves to grab the nut) which are too short to reach the brakes bolt when I try to attach them. Do I buy new ones? or whats the best way to go about it? Do I get sleeves and cut them down or measure the size I need and buy that length?

Is it the sort of thing only a bike shop would have or would a hardware store have them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭caadmium

You need to be talking to your bike shop rather than a hardware shop. Look on Bike24 for "Problem Solvers Brake Nut for Road Caliper Brakes" under Road Bike Parts/Brakes/Rim Brakes and you'll see they offer a 22mm and a 30mm version but I suggest checking with your LBS.

Last time this happened me that's what I did and the owner had a spare parts bin full of different lengths. He just swapped me one of those for mine. Support your LBS!

Advertisement