Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Security System GSM Communicators

Options
  • 01-04-2015 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can a registered installer on here please PM me or reply to my post with a quote for having one of the following GSM communicators installed and explain the difference between them.

GSM-Q (Plug on)

GSM-P

GSM-SC (plug on)

I basically want a GSM communicator that will text when the alarm is going off and specify what zones are going off.

The HKC system is a Securewatch that was installed 5 years ago and has 8 zones.

I also heard that there is a SIM that can be got that doesn't need to be topped up every so often or that will not expire if not topped up - Vodafone deny this is possible so I would also know where to get one of these or do Three or Meteor provide these SIMs?

Thanks...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The P is the one you want.
    AFAIK The Q will only work on newer panels & the SC is the one that uses an International SIM which will require a subscription.
    The price of the P is crazy money. Its dearer than a new panel & keypad.
    We are not allowed post pricing here but you can check with some suppliers here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,

Can a registered installer on here please PM me or reply to my post with a quote for having one of the following GSM communicators installed and explain the difference between them.

GSM-Q (Plug on)

GSM-P

GSM-SC (plug on)

I basically want a GSM communicator that will text when the alarm is going off and specify what zones are going off.

The HKC system is a Securewatch that was installed 5 years ago and has 8 zones.

I also heard that there is a SIM that can be got that doesn't need to be topped up every so often or that will not expire if not topped up - Vodafone deny this is possible so I would also know where to get one of these or do Three or Meteor provide these SIMs?

Thanks...

The HKC Securewatch will be able to take the Q and the GSM-SC come June/July when it is released :D

altor wrote: »
    The HKC Securewatch will be able to take the Q and the GSM-SC come June/July when it is released :D

That's great news.. Did you get a demo of it??

Evolution1 wrote: »
    That's great news.. Did you get a demo of it??

Absolutely :)

Simple to set up once you have engineer access.

• Advertisement

Absolutely :)

Simple to set up once you have engineer access.

So the 8/12s will be IP ?

Evolution1 wrote: »
    So the 8/12s will be IP ?

You can add the GSM-SC or the GSM-Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

You can add the GSM-SC or the GSM-Q.

Is there a an exact date yet or when will there be as Eircom are turning off the capability of a SMS being sent over a land line on 30th June?

Also, how much would the installation charge and cost of the SC and Q be and what's the difference between them?

Thanks

Is there a an exact date yet or when will there be as Eircom are turning off the capability of a SMS being sent over a land line on 30th June?

Also, how much would the installation charge and cost of the SC and Q be and what's the difference between them?

Thanks

GSM Q is used for text alerts and voice alerts @ however often your system activates. About €20-€30 for text more for voice alerts and your responsible for the sim. Meteor requires a top up every 5 months or they wipe the credit.

GSM SC is used for the smartphone app. Voice alerts. Push notifications and texts @ €60 per year for a maintained sim from Security and Risk.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cs duel com do some nice cheap sim only packages that can be customised. As always, shop around before getting yourself into dearer charges.

• Advertisement

Thanks

There is a service coming which will allow you text over your land line so keep an eye on the sticky above as i will post more when I have more information.

The Q uses a ready to go sim so cost is down to what you use. On average you can use a sim that need to be topped up twice a year. This will cost €10 to €20 depending on the service provider.

With the SC you will have to pay for an app plus monthly costs.
    You have the option of texts, voice and App control for this fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

And what happens in the event of the phone line been cut

The same thing as happens with your broadband in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

Well spotted as it goes through your phone or UPC line

That is why I was recommending a GSM

Well spotted as it goes through your phone or UPC line

That is why I was recommending a GSM

That is why I would recommend some sort of multi path to a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

There is a service coming which will allow you text over your land line so keep an eye on the sticky above as i will post more when I have more information.

The Q uses a ready to go sim so cost is down to what you use. On average you can use a sim that need to be topped up twice a year. This will cost €10 to €20 depending on the service provider.

With the SC you will have to pay for an app plus monthly costs.
    You have the option of texts, voice and App control for this fee.

Thanks for that. That is interesting. I wonder in what format it will be coming in since Eircom will be removing the service and will it be in in time for 30th June when Eircom are planning to remove the existing service?

I would recommend users ask their installers to source cheaper sim options available from Cs Duel Com or other alternative sources.
    As we are always saying. Shop around, it will save you money.

Thanks for that. That is interesting. I wonder in what format it will be coming in since Eircom will be removing the service and will it be in in time for 30th June when Eircom are planning to remove the existing service?

From what I have being told it will be just a matter of changing the sms number in the panel. It is mean to work with UPC also.

Advertisement