Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Residential Property via your company

Options
  • 01-04-2015 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Anyone gone down this road? seems to be a difference of opinion if its a good idea or not.

I have an established company that is successful and is building up strong cash reserves that I have no pressing need for. Pension etc is all sorted already so I'm looking at other options to filter the profits into.

If I buy a €300k house "for staff accomodation", and pay if off in full over a number of years via the company profits what is the end situation ?

Whats are the pros or cons ?

Any experiences or opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

the asset end up in the company with any cgt on sale to be paid by the company and cgt is payable if you take the money out by way of capital or income tax if dividend.... not a good plan in my book!

Advertisement