Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair thinning :(

Options
  • 01-04-2015 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me or give me some advice. My hair is extremely thin at the scalp, the root falls flat there is no lift or bounce whatsoever. At the back of my hair where my crease would stop is a patch of very thin hair , actually all the back of my head hair is very thin that you can see my scalp. I cannot leave the house without doing a bit of backcome to make it look fuller. Is there anything I can do to thicken my hair. I know this isn't first world problems but it's seriously depressing me and I feel like my confidence is being sucked outta me.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

ja1986 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone can help me or give me some advice. My hair is extremely thin at the scalp, the root falls flat there is no lift or bounce whatsoever. At the back of my hair where my crease would stop is a patch of very thin hair , actually all the back of my head hair is very thin that you can see my scalp. I cannot leave the house without doing a bit of backcome to make it look fuller. Is there anything I can do to thicken my hair. I know this isn't first world problems but it's seriously depressing me and I feel like my confidence is being sucked outta me.
    Thanks.

Supposedly the Nioxin shampoo, conditioners and scalp treatment are meant to be good. Should be loads of reviews online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

It looks very like mine, only not as bad LOL

Seriously, this type of crown thinning is typical female pattern hair loss and it is genetic: runs in my family.

Best treatment I have found is Rogaine, but you have to use it very regularly: but it is the only one that can actually stimulate regrowth. Google Minoxidil (the active ingredient in Rogaine) and consider what they say.

For appearance, I use infill powder - "Procapil" - very hard to find but does an impressive job of camouflage.
    It is something like eyeshadow powder in a palette and you dab it in with a short brush along the thin patches, not right to the hairline but artistically. If you get a good colour match, this can look very convincing.

On a far less drastic note, could the hair loss be caused by something different? Too-tight ponytails, etc?
    Or a hormonal blip such as post-pregnancy or big stress, such as bereavement?

Whichever, I know just how you feel. Nice thick full hair is such a feminine thing - we all want it.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

If it is feasible, maybe you could go see a hair and scalp expert, a trichologist.

Advertisement