Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speed gone ridiculously slow

Options
  • 01-04-2015 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

For the last month or two, our broadband speed has dropped from 3-4mbs to 1.8 and under 1 mb! It is happening constantly. I am supposed to be on a up to 24mb line, which is a joke in itself as the fastest I ever received was about 5mb and it's been a long few months since I last saw that speed, and the current drop in speed is unacceptable. It's not a temporary thing either, it's been happening all the time for two months or more! 

There's a screenshot attached of my line tonight. 0.82mb! And that's AFTER 11pm! I am extremely unhappy with the quality of the broadband that I have been receiving! Why has my line gone to crap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

For the last month or two, our broadband speed has dropped from 3-4mbs to 1.8 and under 1 mb! It is happening constantly. I am supposed to be on a up to 24mb line, which is a joke in itself as the fastest I ever received was about 5mb and it's been a long few months since I last saw that speed, and the current drop in speed is unacceptable. It's not a temporary thing either, it's been happening all the time for two months or more!

There's a screenshot attached of my line tonight. 0.82mb! And that's AFTER 11pm! I am extremely unhappy with the quality of the broadband that I have been receiving! Why has my line gone to crap?
    Sorry to hear this IrishPhoenix

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement