Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good barber in Dublin?

Options
  • 02-04-2015 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Been to a few in the past. Never get what I ask for and end up unsatisfied.

Anybody know a good barber that cuts, well... best way to describe it is boy band style haircut :P Not too short and kinda choppy, if you know what I mean. I always ask for that kind of style and everyone seems to thin out my hair too much and cut it weirdly.

The most suggested barber will be the one I'll go with :) Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Grafton barber

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You'll never get a good haircut if you ask for it in such vague terms. You are not giving your barber anything to on. Try to imagine if you will asking someone to cut you a length of timber and they ask for something "eerr, not too long but not too short either". What length would you cut it too?
    This site will help you along the way. Talk to your barber about haircuts and you'll get better haircuts. :)http://www.fashionbeans.com/2014/key-mens-hairdressing-terminology/
    At the very least you should bring a photo of the cut you want to try.

My barber do wonderful cuts though probably not in the fashion you are looking for. However, if you ever want to get a pompadour or vintage classic skinfade then go to the Warldorf on Westmorland St.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WhiteyThePanda

OldGoat wrote: »
    You'll never get a good haircut if you ask for it in such vague terms. You are not giving your barber anything to on. Try to imagine if you will asking someone to cut you a length of timber and they ask for something "eerr, not too long but not too short either". What length would you cut it too?
    This site will help you along the way. Talk to your barber about haircuts and you'll get better haircuts. :)
    At the very least you should bring a photo of the cut you want to try.

My barber do wonderful cuts though probably not in the fashion you are looking for. However, if you ever want to get a pompadour or vintage classic skinfade then go to the Warldorf on Westmorland St.

That is not exactly how I ask for my hair to be cut. Just for example. Barbers in the past just seem to not know what they're doing, so hence why I'm asking for a 'good' barber to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Yeah I'd also stress the importance of knowing exactly how to describe what you want as well as bringing one or more photos of the style you're looking for. Anything less than that leaves room for error no matter how good the barber is.

I'd highly recommend the Butcher Barber on Johnsons Court off Grafton St. They're quite pricey but I had my best ever barbers experience there.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    Grafton barber

There are overpriced and not a good barber in my opinion

• Advertisement

magicmoves wrote: »
    There are overpriced and not a good barber in my opinion

My experiences have been fantastic. €16 is standard these days. Students are only €9 which is fantastic for the service they provide. The one in arnotts is the best I've been to. Or the one off grafton street a barber called Raphael is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

My experiences have been fantastic. €16 is standard these days. Students are only €9 which is fantastic for the service they provide. The one in arnotts is the best I've been to. Or the one off grafton street a barber called Raphael is fantastic!

The guy charged me 22 euros for a bog standard haircut.

magicmoves wrote: »
    The guy charged me 22 euros for a bog standard haircut.

22 is a cut and wash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

http://www.jacksbarbers.ie/ only place in Dublin that is consistently good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

+1 For the Butcher Barber.

-1 for the Grafton Barber

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

I go to a hairdresser. Wash and cut costs me 15-20 euro, depending on the day. I abandoned going to a barbour years ago. Their standard was so variable. I think hairdressers have better training and customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

22 is a cut and wash

It's 22 regardless of a wash.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I just go to a hairdresser, yeah most people in there are women but the people are also quite good. It's 22e and get a tea/coffee or wine sometimes and a bar/muffin. Grand aul times! I go to houseofcolour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

I think going to the Barber depends alot on who you get on the day.

I was going to a good Barber shop then one day I had my hair cut by a new member of staff who didnt have a clue what he was doing.

I just go to a hairdresser, yeah most people in there are women but the people are also quite good. It's 22e and get a tea/coffee or wine sometimes and a bar/muffin. Grand aul times! I go to houseofcolour.

I was debating doing the same. How good are they with men's hair? So far I've only found one, Barber's Ink in Dun Laoghaire, that cuts it exactly the way I want. You'd be amazed how many think "don't cut it too short on top" means cut-it-really-bloody-short.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mine is v good, but it's more the person than the place for me. With hairdressers the idea is that you find somebody you think is good and just always go back to them. I think hairdressers are used to people being more exact with what they want and being careful as women spend a lot more than men on their hair in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,440 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I used to go to the Merchant Barber but the last few times the Q's were redicioulous and the quality had gone down somewhat. Also it became annoying that the staff were often distracted, checking their phone, even on one occasion answering it and chatting to other clients and staff while being totally distracted from the job at hand. I'm back going to the the Trinity Barber now, staff are sound, spend great time and detail on your cut too, not just an in and out job.21 quid for a wash and cut which isn't cheap but it's nice walking in knowing you get what you want every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Mine is v good, but it's more the person than the place for me. With hairdressers the idea is that you find somebody you think is good and just always go back to them. I think hairdressers are used to people being more exact with what they want and being careful as women spend a lot more than men on their hair in general.

All proper barber shops are like that too.

Advertisement