Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland don't seem to care

Options
  • 02-04-2015 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

We are with  EI from the beginning but had a better deal recently from a competitor, we rang EI and asked what they could offer us or even match it but they couldnt or wouldnt, they didn't seem to care really and we pay them over €220 per bill.
    Really disappointed with their 'not bothered' attitude on this but we are moving asap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Well they have taken there money today out of my account when bill was due 7th april very annoyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi 2time,

We regret to read that you are thinking of switching supplier and that you are unhappy with your customer experience.

If you would like us to look into this for you, please send us a private message confirming that you are the account holder along with your name in full, the account number, address and telephone number or date of birth on file. Were you speaking with our colleagues in the Customer Service or the Sales department?

Regards,
    Aoife

Hi jjll,

We are sorry to to read you are unhappy.

We would be able to look into this for you if you wish. We need you to send us a private message with your full name, account number, address and phone number or date of birth. You would also need to confirm that you are the account holder.

Do let us know if we can help.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andrew88

Having similar issue - have just emailed the following to sales@ and service@ after very frustrating phone call. I was very polite and civil but was basic told "tough ****" from sales. The answer will be the same from me when I leave on 8th July to Bord Gas.

Copy of e-mail sent:

Dear Electric Ireland

I was helping my mother with her gas/electric bill today and discovered she is paying a very significantly lower tariff than I am.

She is paying 14.52c per kWhr. I am paying 16.30c "after discount" (17.72 before discount).

When I phoned to ask what you can do about this rate I was told basically "tough ****" I am locked in to that high price until 8th July and there is nothing I can do about it.

Well there is something I can do about it - I can confirm that if you lock me in to that high price until 8th July you will no longer have my business and I will be gone to Bord Gais as of that date. If customer loyalty means nothing to you then it means nothing to me either.

You have had the benefit of having me locked into this high price for 9 Months already so I ask your customer retention people to consider if locking me in for the sake of 3 months more is worth losing my business for good.

Yours in frustration.

Andrew Doyle (email address and phone number removed for board posting)

Account details below in your email to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Andrew,

Just to clarify: is your mother a customer of another supplier?

We regret that you are not happy with your customer experience - the terms of a price-plan/contract are detailed on sign-up so this is why it is not possible to change the customer's price-plan before the contract ends.
    We are sorry to read that you wish to change supplier once your Electric Ireland contract expires. Should you reconsider, do get in touch with us (here on Boards if you wish) when your current contract expires and we will organise a callback to you from our Sales team.

If you have any other account queries, we are here on Boards.ie until 6pm Monday to Friday (except for bank holidays) to respond to private messages.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

jjll wrote: »
    Well they have taken there money today out of my account when bill was due 7th april very annoyed
    Hi again jjll,

Just to add to what Aoife said above, we think this might just be the standard information that the direct debit has already been sent to the bank for collection in advance of its payment due date, rather than the funds actually being debited, but we can clarify for certain if you private message us your Electric Ireland account details as per Aoife's post.

Regards,
    Una

Hi Una, thanks for reply.

Yes, my mother moved to Bord Gais and that is their unit price today. I am happy to stay with Electric Ireland if I can get a competitive rate.

On your other point, and at the risk of being pedantic, but then I feel Service and Sales are being rather pedantic with me: contract law 101 says it is possible that parties can change a contact if they are agreeable. I am agreeable, are electric ireland?

It is possible to change the contract. My understanding is that Electric Ireland "won't" change the contract.

As a result you will extract approximately €60-€120 additional between now and the 8th of July.

I do understand the cost of customer acquisition cost / retention cost context for suppliers.

It seems Electric Ireland have decided to extract the extra money and lose me as a customer because you won't be flexible. Should you like to reconsider that position please do not hesitate to get in touch, either here on boards, or Service and Sales have my contact details.

You can e-mail me or post here anytime, including Bank Holidays and Good Friday and I sometimes even check in on weekends.

regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

We will pass your feedback/query on to the relevant department. Before we can proceed, we would require confirmation of your email address by private message here on Boards in order to request a search by the Sales/Customer Service web teams for your correspondence to them.

Or if you private message us your Electric Ireland account number, address in full and telephone number, we can liaise with the relevant department directly without needing to request the email search.

Regards,
    Una

Hi Andrew,

We will pass your feedback/query on to the relevant department. Before we can proceed, we would require confirmation of your email address by private message here on Boards in order to request a search by the Sales/Customer Service web teams for your correspondence to them.

Or if you private message us your Electric Ireland account number, address in full and telephone number, we can liaise with the relevant department directly without needing to request the email search.

Regards,
    Una

Thanks Una - sent pm from my phone but not sure it went ok - pls let me know if you got it AD

Actually, Electric Ireland don't care at all. When my father was moved into a Nursing home I tried to close his account and pay several hundred Euro he owed. Customer care refused to help as I was not the account holder. We sealed the letterbox in his home. Electricity was cut off eventually but never heard anything again about the money he owed.
    Shortly after that I moved to Bord Gais as the were doing a Prepay Plan. Never looked back and doubt I will deal with Electric Ireland again.

• Advertisement

Hi Andrew,

Happy to assist.

We have not received a private message from you, and usually a Boards PM would be sent successfully by now, if you could recheck.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭2time

Hi 2time,

We regret to read that you are thinking of switching supplier and that you are unhappy with your customer experience.

If you would like us to look into this for you, please send us a private message confirming that you are the account holder along with your name in full, the account number, address and telephone number or date of birth on file. Were you speaking with our colleagues in the Customer Service or the Sales department?

Regards,
    Aoife
    hi, speaking to both customer services and sales but when they said that the best they could offer, not even matching quote of that by Airtricity and not bothered if we left or not.
    Even last year when we had problem with our electric going of regularly for no legit reason and going of a total of 11 times in one month for  2 hours plus at a time and when we called to query why it was happening so often, they would tell us... what is the problem, you are not paying for it when its off..... now that some attitude to have from a supposedly professionally outfit, disgraceful I will say

Hi derekeire,

We regret to read you were unhappy with your customer experience. For data protection reasons, we can only deal with the named account holder. In cases where the named account holder is unable to speak to us, a signed letter confirming that they nominate someone to speak on their behalf would suffice.

If there is anything we can help you with, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

Hi 2time,

Thank you for getting back to us. We are sorry to read of your unhappiness. Your custom is important to us and we hope you would reconsider. All of our price plans are available online if you would like to take a look. We also offer a rewards scheme called Powering Rewards, where our customer can avail of special offers from partner companies such as Super Valu and enter competitions. You can find out more here.

I am unsure of what you are referring to when you mentioned problems with the power going off. If it is an internal issue, this would be the prerogative of your electrician. In the case of the power supply coming into the property, you would need to refer to ESB Networks, who maintain the network for all suppliers. Unfortunately, we would not be able to advise on outages. In the case of a faulty meter, we may be able to send out a technician. We would recommend that all other possibilities are ruled out first as there would be a charge should there be no fault.

If you would like us to look into anything for you, we will need you to send us a private message with the information as requested above. We would need your details to investigate any further.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

yes money definitely gone when due 7th April taken on 2nd April totally annoyed

Hi 2time,

Thank you for getting back to us. We are sorry to read of your unhappiness. Your custom is important to us and we hope you would reconsider. All of our price plans are available online if you would like to take a look. We also offer a rewards scheme called Powering Rewards, where our customer can avail of special offers from partner companies such as Super Valu and enter competitions. You can find out more here.

. If it is anI am unsure of what you are referring to when you mentioned problems with the power going off internal issue, this would be the prerogative of your electrician. In the case of the power supply coming into the property, you would need to refer to ESB Networks, who maintain the network for all suppliers. Unfortunately, we would not be able to advise on outages. In the case of a faulty meter, we may be able to send out a technician. We would recommend that all other possibilities are ruled out first as there would be a charge should there be no fault.
    If you would like us to look into anything for you, we will need you to send us a private message with the information as requested above. We would need your details to investigate any further.

Regards,
    Aoife
    hi it was not our fault in any of the cases, they were not  internal faults at all but all faults were external, half mile down the road to be exact

Hi jjll,

Without looking at your account, we would be unable to say why this happened. Just to make you aware, we are required to give the bank advance notice for collection of a direct debit, but we do not take any funds until the date of collection.

As previously mentioned if you wish for us to look into this, please send us a private message confirming that you are the account holder along with your name in full, the account number, address and telephone number or date of birth on file.

Regards,
    Aoife

Hi 2time,

Thanks for getting back to us. We regret to read that there was a problem with the supply. From your above message, the problem appeared to be with the electricity in your area. We would recommend that if you have any concerns in relation to this that you call ESB Networks.

ESB Networks work for all electricity suppliers and maintain the electricity network throughout the country. As your supplier, we would only be able to request a call from a technician if there was a fault with your individual meter or where a reconnection, disconnection or meter exchange was required. All other work would have to go through ESB Networks such as meter relocations, problems with the supply coming into the property;etc. ESB Networks would also deal with any power failures, planned outages and any essential maintenance on the network. You can call ESB Networks on 1850 372 757 or in the case of an emergency or outage 1850 372 999.

If there is anything else we can do for you, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

Hi 2time,

Thanks for getting back to us. We regret to read that there was a problem with the supply. From your above message, the problem appeared to be with the electricity in your area. We would recommend that if you have any concerns in relation to this that you call ESB Networks.

ESB Networks work for all electricity suppliers and maintain the electricity network throughout the country. As your supplier, we would only be able to request a call from a technician if there was a fault with your individual meter or where a reconnection, disconnection or meter exchange was required. All other work would have to go through ESB Networks such as meter relocations, problems with the supply coming into the property;etc. ESB Networks would also deal with any power failures, planned outages and any essential maintenance on the network. You can call ESB Networks on 1850 372 757 or in the case of an emergency or outage 1850 372 999.

If there is anything else we can do for you, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife
    we did and that was what we were told, to get lost basically

Hi 2time,

Unfortunately, we can't speak on behalf of ESB Networks. Any issues such as those you have outlined would need to be discussed with them directly. We regret to read you had an unsatisfactory customer experience.

If you have any queries in relation to your account with us, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement

doesn't matter now as we are leaving, got a much better deal and EI didnt match and wasn't really bothered anyway

Hi 2time,

We regret to read you are leaving and were unhappy with what we could offer. We greatly regret that you were unhappy with your customer experience and we wish to reassure you that we value your custom as we do all our customers.

We hope you will take the time to have a look at our website. All our offers are available online if you wish to reconsider. We also have a rewards scheme called Powering Rewards, where our customers can avail of various offers with partner companies. You can read more about this here.

If there are any other questions you have in relation to your account, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement