Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest price plan query please!

Options
  • 02-04-2015 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I phoned Electric Ireland last week to enquire about the Nest price plan.

The chap I spoke to went through all the costs involved and informed me there would also be a 15% discount off the total bill.

Having looked at your website I believe this information is incorrect in relation to the Nest price plan!

Can you please clarify as I am out of contract with my current supplier and I am looking for the best value for money I can get with a new supplier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi macker64,

Thank you for your interest in signing up to Electric Ireland. We sincerely regret to read that you may have been given the incorrect information in relation to the Nest price plan. We apologise for any confusion and inconvenience caused.

When applying for a price plan or switching, customers would choose either a price plan (which includes discounts) or the Nest Thermostat price plan (which doesn't include discounts). These price plans would be mutually exclusive so we wouldn't be able to offer both. The Nest thermostat and installation is worth €374 and this is given free of charge to new customers or customers with electricity only who switch their gas to us also. Any existing customers can get the Nest thermostat and installation at a discounted price of €99. Alternatively, our customers can avail of other offers including the 15% discount you mentioned. In case of all price plans terms and conditions would apply. We understand that you have taken a look at the Nest plan on our website.

If you would like us to look into anything for you here on Boards, just send us a private message with your name, address, MPRN and telephone number.

Do let us know if we can be of assistance.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭macker64

Thank you Aoife for your prompt reply. I am annoyed to hear the information given to me by your sales team was incorrect.

I would respectfully request you proactively contact the sales team manager and pass on my comments. Its just not good enough to be giving out incorrect price plan information to potential new customers.

I will not be switching to Electric Ireland as a direct result of this.

Thank you once again for your time and courtesy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi macker64,

You are most welcome. We are happy to help.

Again, we are really sorry to read this and that you will not be switching to us.

We would like to look into the matter further. Would you be able to send us a private message with your name, address, MPRN and telephone number? If we have this information, we would be able to investigate this fully.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement