Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45

Options
  • 02-04-2015 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I have just landed a new job and will start salary negotiations next week. However, when the recruiter asked my current base salary, I upped a bit from my actual salary (as I assume most of the people do).
    Now, it's a small Irish company and I've started worrying about them finding out my actual salary from my P45, which will put me in a very awkward position.

Is there any way around this, can I deal directly with revenue or do I have to submit my P45 to my new employer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Just ring revenue and tranfer your tax credits to the new company. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stanleigh

Ah brill, I didn't know I could do that ! Do I need any details from the new company or is the company name sufficient?

That's a big weight of my shoulders, I can actually start looking forward to the next phase in my career :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Just ring revenue and tranfer your tax credits to the new company. :)

Which naturally details what the employee has been paid already YTD, same as a P45. Just not as obvious.

I'd never up my existing salary as a negotiation tactic. Too risky. Best to concentrate on what you can bring to the new company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Stanleigh wrote: »
    Ah brill, I didn't know I could do that ! Do I need any details from the new company or is the company name sufficient?

That's a big weight of my shoulders, I can actually start looking forward to the next phase in my career :)

You need their EMPLOYERS PAYE number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Stanleigh wrote: »
    I have just landed a new job and will start salary negotiations next week. However, when the recruiter asked my current base salary, I upped a bit from my actual salary (as I assume most of the people do).

TBH it's a non-issue.

I'd never tell them my current salary anyway tbh - give them a very rough ballpark figure if you feel you must.

They've offered you a job and a salary - I doubt they care what you were on earlier.

Honestly wouldn't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Stanleigh

That's what I did, I gave them a rough number, slightly higher than I'm on, so you're probably right that it won't be an issue.

They will hire me as they believe I can do the job well, rather than what I was paid in my previous job. Thanks Dog of tears for the reassurance !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Stanleigh wrote:
    I have just landed a new job and will start salary negotiations next week. However, when the recruiter asked my current base salary, I upped a bit from my actual salary (as I assume most of the people do). Now, it's a small Irish company and I've started worrying about them finding out my actual salary from my P45, which will put me in a very awkward position.

Stanleigh wrote:
    Is there any way around this, can I deal directly with revenue or do I have to submit my P45 to my new employer?

There is a section on your P45 on which you can indicate to Revenue that you don't want your new employer to know your previous pay details and they will issue your tax cert accordingly.

Advertisement