Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mobile Price Plan Deals

Options
  • 02-04-2015 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Not sure if there is a thread regarding this already but I thought it could be helpful to a lot of people, myself included; What are the best deals currently out there with mobile phone networks? My 12 month contract with Vodafone is up end of the month. Currently €25/month for Sim only with unlimited calls and texts and 2GB of data.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Where's the bargain in the Bargain Alerts forum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The bargain is somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

briang747 wrote: »
    Not sure if there is a thread regarding this already but I thought it could be helpful to a lot of people, myself included; What are the best deals currently out there with mobile phone networks? My 12 month contract with Vodafone is up end of the month. Currently €25/month for Sim only with unlimited calls and texts and 2GB of data.
    Thanks

Three pay as you go.
    20e gives you. Unlimited texts and 4g internet and unlimited calls to others on the 3o2 network. You can spend your 20 how you like then on apps etc.
    I think it is great value

• Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Tesco mobile- 15 euro gives u unlimited calls to anyone in Ireland, unlimited texts and 1Gb data.
    Btw one quick surf gets u all this info

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Check out the app KillBiller. I think it is only available on Android at the moment (and only looks at Bill Pay) but it analyses your phone usage and tells you what plan you should be on based on that usage. Saved me a few quid when I switched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

There is a thread someone went to the bother of doing every deal and what you can get. Cba linking it. Sure you could google boards sim deals

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

TheDriver wrote: »
    Tesco mobile- 15 euro gives u unlimited calls to anyone in Ireland, unlimited texts and 1Gb data.

Do you know what their roaming options are please?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

this doesnt seem to give you unlimited texts.
    only unlimited texts to other tesco users

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-as-you-go-plans.aspx

anyone know how much per text they charge?
    also how much for extra data?

Ah lad, its all on their website. You top up by 15 euro and then get 2 recurring addons- 10 for texts and 5 for data. Hence 15 is then gone. There's a 5gb data for ten euro.
    Roaming rates seem in line with other operators

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭burkey2k0

Tesco Mobile Sim Only

€25/Month - Unlimited Calls / Texts / Data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

48months have 2 great plans.
    All you have to do is pretend you are 18.
    http://48months.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Ah lad, its all on their website. You top up by 15 euro and then get 2 recurring addons- 10 for texts and 5 for data. Hence 15 is then gone. There's a 5gb data for ten euro.

Great Package €15 for the lot - Just top up by 15 and themnbuy the 10 euro txt add on and the 5 euro 1 gb add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

48months have 2 great plans.
    All you have to do is pretend you are 18.
    http://48months.ie/

Ye 48months rocks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

and also we r gonna be 18 forever. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭arch20000

flyandrain wrote: »
    and also we r gonna be 18 forever. lol

48months rocks (€10 a month) and it makes me feel young pretending to be 19 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Three Business Sim only - €20pm = unlimited everything.

edit : that's what I'm on - looks like the same package is now gone up to €30.

so that's what the merger between Three and O2 means - higher prices for the same (or even less) service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Are you able to set this all up to happen automatically every month or do you have to manually top up 15 then buy a 5gb addon and unlimited sms addon and have to remember to do it every single month manually?

ablelocks wrote: »
    Three Business Sim only - €20pm = unlimited everything.

edit : that's what I'm on - looks like the same package is now gone up to €30.

so that's what the merger between Three and O2 means - higher prices for the same (or even less) service.

I changed to Three's Flexi 350 plan (€20/month - 350 flexi units and unlimited data) from Meteor a month ago. Lasted 2 weeks. Have never been on the end of such a litany of cock ups and poor signal. took about 2-hours overall on the phone to about half a dozen different people, and bounced constantly between call centres in India and Ireland.

Changed then to Tesco Mobile plan (€25/month unlimited everything) and couldn't be happier.

I changed from a brutal emobile service. Coverage was really bad having to go outside and stand in certain spots in the garden to make/receive a call.

I'm with Tesco now on that €15 pm and cant believe the coverage I now get. I can make calls indoors now!!

More than half the price and a far superior service I have found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Zardoz

burkey2k0 wrote: »

Changed then to Tesco Mobile plan (€25/month unlimited everything) and couldn't be happier.

Can you tether on Tesco ?

you can set up recurring addons so yes and also you can set up your debit/credit card to automatically top up on designated days.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Can you tether on Tesco ?

Yup. I'm not actually aware of any network that can restrict this. Is there?

48 months don't allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

unlimited calls to any network or landline? Sounds good if it is. I will be ditching 3 at the end of next month

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

I changed to Three's Flexi 350 plan (€20/month - 350 flexi units and unlimited data) from Meteor a month ago. Lasted 2 weeks. Have never been on the end of such a litany of cock ups and poor signal. took about 2-hours overall on the phone to about half a dozen different people, and bounced constantly between call centres in India and Ireland.

Tesco use O2 don't they? Now that Three own them the signal coverage should be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

48 months don't allow it
    Vodafone also block it on pay as you go but not billpay

JoeyD wrote: »
    unlimited calls to any network or landline? Sounds good if it is. I will be ditching 3 at the end of next month

tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-monthly-plans.aspx

* Fair Fair usage applies to unlimited tariffs - i.e. per 30 day period, up to 10,000 call minutes and 10,000 texts to landlines and mobile phones in the Republic of Ireland and 15GB of data used in the Republic of Ireland. Excludes roaming, international, premium rate and other non geographic usage.

theintern wrote: »
    Tesco use O2 don't they? Now that Three own them the signal coverage should be the same.

That's what I thought. Perhaps they're still in a transition period, But in both my own house and parents house the signal was terrible, when at the same time other networks were fine.

• Advertisement

Fair usage is indeed 10000 minutes which would nearly be a call centre. Its 5 hours a day nattering......

Advertisement