Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Processing Claims Duration - Health Insurance

Options
  • 02-04-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

We have had medical receipts with a particular health insurance provider for over a month and a half a this stage.

I contacted them last week and they had received our receipts and the claim is just waiting to be processed. Submitted receipts earlier in the year two which took a month to be processed.

Last year any claims we made were sorted within 1 to 2 weeks with prompt payment.

Anyone else experiencing serious delays with their claims?

We're with GloHealth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Much the same situation with Aviva who I have just moved to. When I rang last week to check the status, I was told that they were just starting to process claims from a month ago. Painfully slow

I was with VHI for the last 16 years, and in general I found their process much quicker and user friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Wife is with Laya, Usually takes 4 working days from sending it at the post office to hitting her account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Still waiting. This is starting to p*** me off.

Edit: I'd just got off the phone to them and was told they could prioritise mine. That was not really the point of my call I said but why look a gift horse in the mouth I suppose. It's the kind tardiness that will make me consider switching if I have a similar experience the next time though.

Advertisement