Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX

• 02-04-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16

In the market for a new bike & very impressed by the canyons, but as there are no dealers with any of them to test, I'm just wondering if anybody has a Ultimate CF SLX which they would be willing to let me have a look at? I'm based in Lucan, but will travel to look if possible? Size would be Medium(56)/Large(58) if possible

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Probably no good to you, but I have a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX, with Sram Red, but it's an XL. I am in Drogheda. You're more than welcome to have a look.
    I got mine in January, great service, beautiful bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

In the market for a new bike & very impressed by the canyons, but as there are no dealers with any of them to test,

Cheers

The joy of internet shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    The joy of internet shopping.

The real joy is when you realise, that you've saved about 1,500 Euro, by judicious online shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ken1975

In the market for a new bike & very impressed by the canyons, but as there are no dealers with any of them to test, I'm just wondering if anybody has a Ultimate CF SLX which they would be willing to let me have a look at? I'm based in Lucan, but will travel to look if possible? Size would be Medium(56)/Large(58) if possible

Cheers

Use the Canyon website frame size calculator-thingee-ma-giggy.
    When you are on the page of the bike you want, click "Frame Size" ,then "I Would Like to determine my ideal frame size".
    Input the measurements it shows you to collect.
    It spits outs the correct frame size.
    Although if you know what size top tube you need Id work off that.

For whats its worth, im 176cm and the Small (Aeroad) was perfect for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Ken1975 wrote: »
    Use the Canyon website frame size calculator-thingee-ma-giggy.
    When you are on the page of the bike you want, click "Frame Size" ,then "I Would Like to determine my ideal frame size".
    Input the measurements it shows you to collect.
    It spits outs the correct frame size.
    Although if you know what size top tube you need Id work off that.

For whats its worth, im 176cm and the Small (Aeroad) was perfect for me.

It only uses your inseam length, everything else it discards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

It only uses your inseam length, everything else it discards.

That's what I found, and if you're between sizes it's a bit of a guessing game. Anyway I've got a 2011 model CF SLX in size large/58cm and a 2014 model in size medium/ 56cm. Slight geometry changes between 2011 and 2014 but nothing major, you're more than welcome to have a look but I'm in D18, also I'm not around until after Monday so would have to be some day next week....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Email your various size stats to Canyon UK.

They have a more advanced sizing system at their disposal and are only too happy to advise you on a bike size.

Be careful with the VCLS 2.0 seat post though. If that's a choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Jonnymercier

Email your various size stats to Canyon UK.

They have a more advanced sizing system at their disposal and are only too happy to advise you on a bike size.

Be careful with the VCLS 2.0 seat post though. If that's a choice.

Cheers for the advice lads.

Is there an issue with the VCLS seat post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Cheers for the advice lads.

Is there an issue with the VCLS seat post?

No issues! (That I am aware of)

But to get the best out of it you need to be aware that you need a minimum of 150mm of the seat post "exposed" from the insert point on the frame to the saddle rails.

The more seatpost exposed the better!

See pic.
    9qb77c.jpg

Advertisement