Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting off

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

goodlad wrote: »
    Bike style preference aside... Ya wouldn't be doing a long motorway commute on a 250

Beyond 20 miles, no chance. I had 18 months on a 125 which was excruciating only for the fact that the alternative for someone my age was buses or trafficmageddon in a car, so I still saved an hour a day. :)

I understand why people will choose a bike that suits their needs to start but I just don't think it's wise, having learned some hard lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Korat wrote: »
    Beyond 20 miles, no chance. I had 18 months on a 125 which was excruciating only for the fact that the alternative for someone my age was buses or trafficmageddon in a car, so I still saved an hour a day. :)

I understand why people will choose a bike that suits their needs to start but I just don't think it's wise, having learned some hard lessons.

I love when I pass so many cars, not to gloat, but reminds me ID be stuck in that if in the car and be getting held up and stressed.
    I couldnt get it, over the last few weeks or more there was mad traffic, and then on some days none?? a few times I counted the number of cars I was passing just to see how much of an advantage it was, but just gave up, I guesstimated in blocks and it was still worse in the other direction and cant hekp wondering why more people arent on bikes,

then I decided to take the bike out for a spin yesterday evening and broke my own rule of not having all my gear on, bottom half soaked in minutes, needless to say felt a bit unprotected and not just from the elements, I may have been as well wearing shorts as jeans, wont be doing that again.

Advertisement