Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

steam wont auto sign in to friends

• 02-04-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

lads does anybody have the problem that steam wont sign into friends automatically . and yes, i have it set to auto sign in in settings
    ive had the problem for at least a year now.really annoying.

only thing i can think of is reinstall steam but it is also the same problem when i ever sign in on my laptop. if i did reinstall, would i have any foreseeable problems with installed games

it only happens when i start steam from reboot(which auto starts)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Have you checked "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\STEAMID\config\localconfig.vdf"?
    That files stores those settings. Check the permissions on the file and check the setting within that file in notepad. The one you probably want is AutoSignIntoFriends.

If you are worried about losing your games on a reinstall, just move the SteamApps folder somewhere else before uninstalling and then move it back when finished reinstalling.

Unless you are on linux, in which case these steps will most likely be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

thanks for your help , i played around with this a little but still no joy , i decided to contact steam support but i cant see much light at the end of the tunnel , maybe it will at least get reported as a bug or something

going to try a reinstall

Advertisement