Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muzzle Advice

• 02-04-2015 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me either a good site or a brand of muzzles that might cater to different sizes then the normal standard breeds?.

I have adopted a dog recently and he is a cross breed (he has a really really wide head and a long narrow alligator type snout)

I have managed to get a generic basket muzzle meant for a collie types put an extra hole into the leather strap to accommodate for his head but due to the cheap make its falling apart.

Went around 3 different pet stores in 2 different towns today and couldn't find anything suitable not even another cheap plastic one for collies :( (either to big to small not long enough).

I am just looking for a hard wearing basket muzzle that would be comfortable and fit properly on him.

Cheers in advance for any advice given! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I recall a thread here a while back where somebody recommended trying your local saddlery and getting one custom made. A nice leather one would be nice and comfortable. Is your dog a cross of a breed on the RB list or does he need it for other reasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

That is actually a good idea he is of 2 different types of dog on the RB list unfortunately :(

Not that I mind muzzling him its just being a hassle getting anything to fit him most of the stores here seem to have a wide range for either small or big dogs and not much left for between :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

So he's a GSD x staffy? :D Trying to think of a long snouted wide headed dog! Pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Italian basket muzzles are quite unoffensive looking and functional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I have no experience with ordering from here, but at least the instructions for measuring are good

http://www.fordogtrainers.de/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=114&number_of_uploads=0&language=en&zenid=ql7jrjs0c848de8mbn17gpgv70

instructions:
    http://www.fordogtrainers.de/index.php?main_page=page_4&language=en

EDIT
    Best not look at any other products they sell ...there's some pretty brutal stuff on offer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

Thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate it.
    Yeah sadly some muppets still sell the most horrible equipment for "training purposes" Its on most sites these days .Grrrrrrr .

Advertisement