Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting existing House Alarm certified???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

Most insurance companies will offer 20-30% discount on monitored certified alarm system

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

househero wrote: »
    Yea that's what I badly said hahaha

If you get the crap 5% discount. You forget to put it on and you get robbed, they don't pay!

So get a good alarm, but don't tell your insurance company so they can't worm out of it coz of a rubbish saving and a terrible clause.

From what we have being told on here they are even refusing if they come out and see you have an alarm and its not being used regardless of it being on the policy.

altor wrote: »
    I always get an honest answer :D

I know most of the manufacturers in this industry and most are always happy to answer any questions.
    Most being the operative word.

I cant tell you that one company that are well enough to compare a product to another system but wont take criticize when it does not do the same as Theirs. That would be my main gripe with most out there. It can either do the same at a cost or not. Free is all well and good but offer's no redundancy on a alarm. Not a great option if you as for my opinion.

There are numerous Manafactuers out there : Risco , Pyronix , GSD, Siemens, Scantronic , Honeywell , GE, Texacom ,

There are numerous Manafactuers out there : Risco , Pyronix , GSD, Siemens, Scantronic , Honeywell , GE, Texacom ,

And your point is?

altor wrote: »
    And your point is?

All I'm saying is there are other Manafacture out there and around a lot longer than the one you support.
    If you support & recommend I particular that is fine. That is your choice .

But if you take a look at some of the large global end users out there . They specify particular products for there security which would be high end products.

If you just take a look at some Siemens , DSC, Honeywell clients and where there equipment is installed.

I think you should just keep an open mind on products .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

All I'm saying is there are other Manafacture out there and around a lot longer than the one you support.

But if you take a look at some of the large global end users out there . They specify particular products for there security which would be high end products.

If you just take a look at some Siemens , DSC, Honeywell clients and where there equipment is installed.

You are of course correct in what you are saying, but are you talking about big commercial systems in typical multi national companies premises? I don't know but i have never noticed a facilities manager from such an institution coming on here looking for advice.
    I have donkeys years of experience of all those you have named and some, but i have to say that in all honesty HKC, tick all the boxes with regard to domestic systems. Granted yes they have some warts but i am disappointed at their competitors for not coming up with proper alternatives.

Yes there are other systems on the market to suit any situation.
    I use and install different brands also.

Advertisement