Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 25th - Bullseye 360 Pistol & Rifle Comp - MNSCI

Options
  • 02-04-2015 4:44pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15302 Bullseye 360 & Rifle Comp. picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15304

The next Bullseye 360 and Rifle competition for pistol and rifle shooters of all types is on Saturday 25th April 2015. This is an open comp, and includes any sights, action, caliber, etc. As a Bullseye and Match comp there is no rests or supports of any type. This includes slings, rests, bags, bipods, sticks, etc. Nothing.

Pistol comp will be begin at 10:30 sharp, and Rifle comp begins at 12:30.

The shoots will be broken up into a four different disciplines. They are:
    • Centrefire Pistol Bullseye
    • Rimfire Pistol Bullseye
    • Rifle, Short Course
    • Rifle Long Course

You may enter as many as you like, as often as you like. This is an open competition meaning all are welcome. There are no restrictions on the caliber or type of gun you use. A ranking system is being introduced that will take effect when enough shoots have been completed to properly place each competitor in their appropriate class. These are:
    • A - Master
    • B - Expert
    • C - Marksman
    • D - Standard

Details of the shoots are as follows:

Bullseye 360 Pistol. Centrefire & Rimfire.

Centrefire Pistol Bullseye

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    12 (2x6)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    8 mins
    |
    25 yds
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    12 (2x6)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    4 mins
    |
    20 yds
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    15 yds
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    10 yds
    |

Rimfire Pistol Bullseye

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    10 (2x5)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    8 mins
    |
    25 yds
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    10 (2x5)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    4 mins
    |
    20 yds
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    15 yds
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    10 yds
    |
    Rifle. Short & Long Course.

Rifle - Short Course - Centrefire

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Prone, Unrested
    |
    8 mins
    |
    50 mtrs
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Sitting/Kneeling, unrested
    |
    4 mins
    |
    40 mtrs
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Standing, Unrested
    |
    2 mins
    |
    25 mtrs
    |
    Rifle - Short Course - Rimfire

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Prone, Unrested
    |
    8 mins
    |
    50 mtrs
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    |
    4 mins
    |
    40 mtrs
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Standing, Unrested
    |
    2 mins
    |
    25 mtrs
    |

Rifle - Long Course - Centrefire

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Prone, Unrested
    |
    8 mins
    |
    100 mtrs
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    |
    4 mins
    |
    60 mtrs
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Standing, Unrested
    |
    2 mins
    |
    40 mtrs
    |
    Rifle - Long Course - Rimfire

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Prone, Unrested
    |
    8 mins
    |
    100 mtrs
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    |
    4 mins
    |
    60 mtrs
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Standing, Unrested
    |
    2 mins
    |
    40 mtrs
    |

As said above this is an Open Competition for members and non members alike. Anyone entering must bring current licenses for all firearms being used and appropriate insurance cards/details. You may enter as many or as few comps as you like, and re-entries will be available. Prices are being worked out and will be updated within the next couple off days. All Centrefire Pistol matches will be shot with 6 rounds per mag, and 2 mags per 12 round match. All Rimfire Pistol matches will be shot with 5 rounds per match, and 2 mags per 10 round match. The total round count for each discipline is as follows:

Discipline
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Bullseye C/F Pistol
    |
    |
    Bullseye R/F Pistol
    |
    |
    Rifle C/F Short Course
    |
    |
    Rifle R/F Short Course
    |
    |
    Rifle C/F Long Course
    |
    |
    Rifle R/F Long Course
    |
    |
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Little over two weeks to go. Hoping my licenses:
    • Go through
    • Go through in time for this.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

It was brought to my attention that some lads have not received medals for the previous competitions. I have contacted the lads about this and have been assured that the matter is now resolved and they are on the way.

I'll post an update later on when i get it or perhaps one of the lads will post it here themselves.

I'd like to pass on apologies on behalf of the lads for the delay. It is being sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Cass wrote: »
    It was brought to my attention that some lads have not received medals for the previous competitions. I have contacted the lads about this and have been assured that the matter is now resolved and they are on the way.

I'll post an update later on when i get it or perhaps one of the lads will post it here themselves.

I'd like to pass on apologies on behalf of the lads for the delay. It is being sorted.

Re the above, we have had a terrible time trying to secure a new supplier for our new designed medals within the budget allowed. it is in hand as Cass said and as explained at each and every competition, all medals will be issued and back dated. We thank you all for your patience on this matter.

Paul & Christy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭clivej

V Bull wrote: »
    Re the above, we have had a terrible time trying to secure a new supplier for our new designed medals within the budget allowed. it is in hand as Cass said and as explained at each and every competition, all medals will be issued and back dated. We thank you all for your patience on this matter.

Paul & Christy

:D:D>>>>>With a little luck I'll have some more ASAP namely the 25th <<<<<:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭German pointer

Unfortunately I won't make the 25th but best of luck to all attending

• Advertisement

Just a reminder that this event is on this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hopefully as well,if my car is fixed by then..:mad:
    BTW is the WADI deer stalkers competition on as well on the same day ?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭German pointer

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hopefully as well,if my car is fixed by then..:mad:
    BTW is the WADI deer stalkers competition on as well on the same day ?

I think that is on on the 26th I wont make that either

It is indeed. Busy weekend for the MNSCI.

Saturday - Bullseye 360
    Sunday - WDAI shoot
    Sunday - F-Class

Was over on Saturday to mount a new scope and zero my new rifle, along with checking the zero of my other rifles. I arrived just before 11 am and David Dunne was there with a bunch of lads from the WDAI. I left after 3 and they were still going. Some amount of shooting. Must be planning on putting on a good showing :D

Surprised there was no notification of that comp on here. Or is that all done on "the facebook"?

How did today go lads. Was intending on heading over but got collared for some work.

Weather seemed crap, but cleared up. Was it a problem? Much of a turn out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭xesse

Cass wrote: »
    How did today go lads. Was intending on heading over but got collared for some work.

Weather seemed crap, but cleared up. Was it a problem? Much of a turn out?

Weather was crap....but a well run competition'and good craic....will deffo be at the next one .

Good to hear.

I had to help install a new kitchen unit, oven, etc in the sister's house and then got caught this morning for laying carpet so never even made the deer or F-Class shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Some very high scores in the CF rifle short course. First three positions were all above the 300 mark and into the 325 330 scores.Was pipped by a point or two into fourth position.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Sounds like a great day. Sorry i missed it now.

Got a call from the C. Super's office on my application so fingers crossed it all goes well, and fast and i might be able to have a crack myself at the next one.

The two lads (Paul & Christy) just wanted me to post a big thanks to everyone for attending.

There was a good turn out of the regulars (as i've been told above) and a good turn out of new lads which is always good for any sport.

The day that was in it could have deterred a lot from traveling so they just wanted to thank everyone for making the effort and look forward to seeing everyone at the next one on May 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭clivej

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Some very high scores in the CF rifle short course. First three positions were all above the 300 mark and into the 325 330 scores.Was pipped by a point or two into fourth position.

I just could not get comfortable with my 10/22 on the short course on the day.
    Only 2 points between 1st and 4th so it was close enough.

Happy with the CF score (again). Getting a barrel chop on the Marlin 1984 lever action so might improve next time, or crash & burn.

I won't make the next comp. on May 23rd I'll be shooting Phoenix comp. in Bisley. Great craic, Advancing targets, moving targets, 100y & 200y with the 10/22, 100y, 200y & 300y with the 38spl/357mag lever action etc.

Advertisement