Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EI took money but didnt give me code!!!!

Options
  • 02-04-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I just tried to top up online and I got this error message:  

'Sorry, an error occurred and we couldn't complete your purchase. Any money taken from your card will be refunded. Please allow 3-5 business days for your bank to process this.'

What the hell??!! The €30 was gone instantly from my account but I've no credit to show for it. This is totally unacceptable as I cannot top up again, as suggested. 

Please tell me what I can do to retrieve my purchased credit before my meter runs out, which it will long before 3-5 working days!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Pixie34,

I have spoken to a colleague in the PAYG team who advised you are guaranteed credit until tomorrow morning, and to contact them this evening (they are open until 8pm) on 1850 30 50 95.

They are the PAYG dedicated team and would be able to advise you in detail.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixie34

Hi Pixie34,

I have spoken to a colleague in the PAYG team who advised you are guaranteed credit until tomorrow morning, and to contact them this evening (they are open until 8pm) on 1850 30 50 95.

Regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

Is there no email address to contact them? 1850 numbers are costly and I am certain I won't be spending any more to deal with this issue. Also, the number is on their website. I didn't need to come to boards.ie to get that as a response.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

Pixie34 wrote: »
    Hi Pixie34,

Regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

Is there no email address to contact them? 1850 numbers are costly and I am certain I won't be spending any more to deal with this issue.

Thanks
    1850 numbers are capped at a maximum of about 30c from mobiles. its 1890 thats expensive 

Does that mean they can't be contacted by email? I don't have any credit as I spent my last €30 on electricity...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

Does that mean they can't be contacted by email? I don't have any credit as I spent my last €30 on electricity...
    im not sure, sorry I'm not EI staff i just weighted in and posted when i was browsing,  but an email never gets a very quick response in my experience with these companies 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Pixie34,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the Pay As You Go code generating system on Boards which is why my colleague directed you to call and any email can take a number of days to be dealt with. This is why we would suggest that you ring our colleagues. If you do not wish to ring the 1850 number, you can ring 01 8529534 and ask to be put through to the Pay As You Go department instead.

We regret any inconvenience.

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    Aoife

Hi Pixie34,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the Pay As You Go code generating system on Boards which is why my colleague directed you to call and any email can take a number of days to be dealt with. This is why we would suggest that you ring our colleagues. If you do not wish to ring the 1850 number, you can ring 01 8529534 and ask to be put through to the Pay As You Go department instead.

Regards,
    Aoife
    Thanks Aoife, that is a lot more helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Pixie34,

You are very welcome. If there is anything more we can help you with, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Pixie34,

Regards,
    Aoife
    Thanks Aoife, that is a lot more helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to explain.
    Hi again Pixie34,

Sorry if I did not appear helpful - that was not my intention.

For a query that requires an immediate (or close to immediate) response, we in this department are generally able to respond quickly (on Boards.ie, also Facebook and Twitter) however, if we are only in a position to give basic advice due to the query requiring input from a dedicated team like PAYG (also Home Services, Sales, SME) the other quickest way to be assisted is via telephone (email would take a few days as advised) and we finish at 6pm (Monday to Friday) but the telephone lines for PAYG and general customer service are open until 8pm (also on Saturdays).

Hope your query is resolved.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement