Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Hiace and surfboards.

• 02-04-2015 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My van was stolen in Limerick last night. Colour red, with green rims, reg. 00 - CE - 1859 It's a long shot but if anyone see's or hears anything please PM me.

Four boards also taken. Unfortunately I have only the one photo of the 8'3" . This was shaped by Mervyn Beard ("shaped for Jamie" written underneath) back in the day and is a quite distinctive yellow, with a lot of rocker to it. It's in a ( battered) Jamie Knox board bag.

Also taken were a red 6'4" custom from Australia ("shaped for Dave" underneath) , a 7'6" with deep blue rails and wood effect deck/botttom, again with a pronounced rocker.

And a 9'1" longboard. This is a "Beach Boy" from Oz., with a wood laminate bottom and a white overlay effect on the deck. This also has a distinctive rocker with a sharp nose.

Two wetsuits, one is a black with blue markings on the chest panel "Bodyline" from N.Z. and an old "Body Glove".

Again I know it's a long shot but if any of you are offered or hear of anyone trying to sell these, could you please let me know.

Thanks, Pat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Any photos of a similar van?
    I guess red hiace with green rims should be distinctive enough.
    I'll keep an eye for the van, unlikely to be in a position to be offered the boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Stolen from what part of Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hiaceman

Thanks S C, van taken from Clareview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭bigroad

Very popular van for export .Parts are worth money in mod editforeign land.
    Hopefully it turns up somewhere.

fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

If u can, take trip up Gallows Hill, up by back gate to Cratloe Wood, then turn for the "Golfball" and come back down from Meelick side.

Unfortunately, if you find it up then you're probably too late.

scoured the whole area up around there but no van. did find my swimming gear behind Ardnacrusha, strewn along the ditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HandsomeRover

Sorry to hear that hiaceman.

For what it's worth my buddy's car was robbed recently in Glasgow park. I carried him all over for a few days looking for it and I mean we scoured estates, car parks etc as well as all the usual burn out spots. He was onto the law regularly (twice a day) looking to see if they knew anything/updates etc. (i think he thought they had an incident room open on it!) But seriously, the car was found by the law the day after it was pinched, and towed out to Bob Sweeney. They organized it all, collection, documentation etc and by the time they wrote to him to tell him (about 14 days) he'd bought a replacement car.

He was pretty pissed off that they didn't tell him they'd found it... They were unable to give him an explanation... Ring Bob Sweeney and talk to the guy who deals with stolen/impounded cars. You never know.

Hope you find it, I'll certainly keep an eye out. Keep an eye on donedeal and buyandsell for your gear as well..

Wow..thanks HR, I've been scouring the whole area too and have a facebook/online campaigh going. I'll give Sweeneys a bell first thing.
    I very much appreciate your advice, thanks again dude :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Seen one of your posters up in greatgas, hope it turns up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement