Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gorey 3 day 2015

• 02-04-2015 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Over subscribed by some 50 riders.

Lets discuss the race and the race developments.

German teams, Verkersheim team, Chester, Comeragh entry of 14.

16 from Lucan, 9 from wex wheelers.

Hopefully a great weekend.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

michael196 wrote: »
    Over subscribed by some 50 riders.

Lets discuss the race and the race developments.

German teams, Verkersheim team, Chester, Comeragh entry of 14.

16 from Lucan, 9 from wex wheelers.

Hopefully a great weekend.....
    AFAIK if you include withdrawls etc everybody has been catered for now..Looking forward to it and good luck to all..If you are looking for me i'll be approx. car num 40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭buffalo

I'd love to see this take on a more open competitive nature - limit to teams of six, get more clubs sending their top A2/A3/Jun riders, rather than swamping the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Lucan had 19 last year I think, plenty of foot soldiers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Would that not potentially ruin it as it would have so many to hand to try shut things down? i like the idea of limiting numbers per team, would make it a fair bit fairer for others with only a few riders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Or just ban Lucan? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

I felt last year's winner was a very worthy one, with or without the big team. His team mates played a blinder for him though it has to be said.

Looking at this year's start list I think it'll be a a lot tougher than last year for any one team to control things. There's plenty of big teams and a lot of talent in there - young and old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭royrogers

Some lead-out trains there with Comeragh and Lucan!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

royrogers wrote: »
    Some lead-out trains there with Comeragh and Lucan!!!

Would you call it a train or a peloton?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭12 sprocket

Would you call it a train or a peloton?
    I would call it, great promotion recruitment and development work by the named clubs to have such a great number of riders enjoying racing their bikes at that level!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Lumen wrote: »
    Or just ban Lucan? :pac:

Said very tongue in cheek :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I would call it, great promotion recruitment and development work by the named clubs to have such a great number of riders enjoying racing their bikes at that level!

Plus Lucan also have a team up North as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

wav1 wrote: »
    AFAIK if you include withdrawls etc everybody has been catered for now..Looking forward to it and good luck to all..If you are looking for me i'll be approx. car num 40.

I'd say I'll be car 41 in that case. Got car no 2 last year in stage one draw. 1st time in 12 years I was up behind the comm and able to see what was happening. Never be that lucky again!

We were one of the clubs on the waiting list and allocated places following withdrawals. Fair play to Alice Sherratt who has had to cope with an unprecedented entry. Very hard please everyone.

Looks like dry weather which is great. Hopefully everyone gets around in one piece. Wouldn't look forward to a field of 200 barrelling down those roads in the wet.

Have to agree with comment that restricting the number of riders per team would be a good idea. Larger variety of teams taking part and you'd imagine a better quality if clubs had to select their best six or eight riders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

MichealD wrote: »
    I'd say I'll be car 41 in that case. Got car no 2 last year in stage one draw. 1st time in 12 years I was up behind the comm and able to see what was happening. Never be that lucky again!

Have to agree with comment that restricting the number of riders per team would be a good idea. Larger variety of teams taking part and you'd imagine a better quality if clubs had to select their best six or eight riders.

Last year I had car number 1 and 2 on day two/three, so got a great view of the race, just sorry not to be involved this year... :(

A limit on team sizes could be a good thing, could lead to the racing opening up a bit, more attacks etc...

Advertisement