Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

molex y splitter

Options
  • 02-04-2015 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

hey lads just wondering if anyone knows where i can get one of these on short notice, i dont have enough connections for my gpu! ive tried pc world with no luck..

im in bray, but somewhere reasonably close would be fine,
    thanks for any help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

ufc pro wrote: »
    hey lads just wondering if anyone knows where i can get one of these on short notice, i dont have enough connections for my gpu! ive tried pc world with no luck..

thanks for any help...

PC world might sell them, they hae a shop in carrickmines

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

tried it today mate, they dont have them, shockin stuff!!
    thanks though..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 eoin91

thanks for any help...

There is a pc shop on Bray main street, PC Plus, beside Scotts for Tools (opposite lifestyle). Was in there for the first time recently, they seem to have plenty of cables and wires around the shop. They would probably have a y splitter.

cheers mate but i tried there too with no luck also, not sure where to get one without ordering it online, but i dont want to wait that longhttp://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/icons/icon8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

thanks for any help...

Might have one buried in a box of odds and ends and I'm near Bray, you're welcome to it if I can find it.
    Will be tomorrow before I have a chance to look for it though.

• Advertisement

glynf wrote: »
    Might have one buried in a box of odds and ends and I'm near Bray, you're welcome to it if I can find it.
    Will be tomorrow before I have a chance to look for it though.

you would be a life saver if you do, let me know thanks alot!!!

Hi, No luck but I made one up from a few other leads using a few jelly crimps:

IMAG3843_zpsh9vxtlni.jpg

It will do the job until you get another one.

I also have one of thee if its any use to you:

IMAG3846_zpsyfkdtphd.jpg

Hey my friend that would be great at least i would know thats what i need and i could order one, i can pay you for both, can you pm me where and when would suit you!!
    Thanks again...

I don't want cash, its only a bloody molex :) PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭weazlor

Given that your power supply doesnt come with enough molex cables, is it putting out enough amps to run your graphics card & the rest of your internals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yeah, knowing your PSU model would be a good thing here.

Given that you're probably using that molex splitter as part of a 6-pin (and hopefully not a 2x6-pin to 8-pin) then it's probably alright in the short term, but just to be safe...

Advertisement