Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Entry Requirements

Options
  • 02-04-2015 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭

Do Colleges (Particularly ITs) have the description to make exceptions to entry to entry requirements in certain cases?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question at all.

Can you be more specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

djpbarry wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question at all.

Can you be more specific?

If you don't meet the stated entry requirements of a course, are there circumstances where you would be considered for entry or are the requirements given the bottom line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Depends, I have heard of people who didnt meet the minimum requirements but still got in. I think it depends on the people running it and do you have anything to compensate it with (like you've been working in the area the past few years)

The best thing to do is email the person in charge of the course, asking if they would consider someone in your situation and explain why you should still be considered, although keep it short as they probably dont want to read an essay on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Depends, I have heard of people who didnt meet the minimum requirements but still got in. I think it depends on the people running it and do you have anything to compensate it with (like you've been working in the area the past few years)

The best thing to do is email the person in charge of the course, asking if they would consider someone in your situation and explain why you should still be considered, although keep it short as they probably dont want to read an essay on the topic.
    Sorry forgot to come back to this. I just graduated last year and I didn't get very good grades partly due to personal things and illness which happened at a point during my degree. So I'm looking for another opportunity to make things better for myself.
    The website says the "standard" entry requirements, does than mean any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Gael23 wrote: »
    The website says the "standard" entry requirements, does than mean any different?
    Best to contact their admissions office and ask.

• Advertisement
Advertisement