Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No phone or internet

Options
  • 02-04-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Service gone since Tuesday... Have tried resetting modem etc but no luck..No DSL light on modem..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Captain Halibut

[deleted : Sorry for the hijack Technophobe]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Service gone since Tuesday... Have tried resetting modem etc but no luck..No DSL light on modem..
    Hi Technophobe

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Hi Technophobe

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Someone called to fix it yesterday, but gone AGAIN THIS MORNING !! Not happy, will pm the a/c number later...

Hi Technophobe

Thanks
    Al
    Someone called to fix it yesterday, but gone AGAIN THIS MORNING !! Not happy, will pm the a/c number later...
    Hi Technophobe

I have not received a PM from you yet, can you confirm if service is still down?

Cheers
    Al

Thought I had fixed it with a reboot, but the DSL light comes on for a while and then seems to go off again....Have a dial tone but serious crackling sounds on the line...
    So internet works for a while and then goes...Am at work now, so need to get a bill at home to PM you my account number... 

• Advertisement

Thought I had fixed it with a reboot, but the DSL light comes on for a while and then seems to go off again....Have a dial tone but serious crackling sounds on the line...
    So internet works for a while and then goes...Am at work now, so need to get a bill at home to PM you my account number... 
    No worries Technophobe

If you would like to PM me your land line number until you get home I will see what I can do

Cheers
    Al

No worries Technophobe

If you would like to PM me your land line number until you get home I will see what I can do

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks Alan..

Got home late last night, so didn't get chance to do much digging...Internet and wifi was working tho and handset had a dial tone (slightly crackly though)..It also allowed me dial out....
    That was all I got to do as well as having some kids begging me not to break it as they wanted to download some movie from SKY!! 
    I can pm you the phone number if that will help you check anything or else, I will see what happens over the weekend..
    Let me know..

thanks
    Techno

No worries Technophobe

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks Alan..

Got home late last night, so didn't get chance to do much digging...Internet and wifi was working tho and handset had a dial tone (slightly crackly though)..It also allowed me dial out....
    That was all I got to do as well as having some kids begging me not to break it as they wanted to download some movie from SKY!! 
    I can pm you the phone number if that will help you check anything or else, I will see what happens over the weekend..
    Let me know..

thanks
    Techno

Hi Technophobe

No worries, sure PM me the land line number and I'll run some tests to check for possible issues.

Cheers
    Al

No worries Technophobe

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks Alan..

Let me know..

thanks
    Techno

Hi Technophobe

No worries, sure PM me the land line number and I'll run some tests to check for possible issues.

Cheers
    Al
    Same problems again!!

PM sent to Alan 

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

If you ring through to Eircom's tech support team on 1890 260 260 they could assist directly as the online team here only work on boards from 12pm to 5pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

No worries Technophobe

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks Alan..

Let me know..

thanks
    Techno

Hi Technophobe

Cheers
    Al
    Same problems again!!

PM sent to Alan 
    Hi Technophobe
    Alan is off today, but I will chase this for you. I will be back as soon as we have tested this.
    Tony

No worries Technophobe

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks Alan..

Let me know..

thanks
    Techno

Hi Technophobe

Cheers
    Al
    Same problems again!!

PM sent to Alan 
    Hi Technophobe
    Alan is off today, but I will chase this for you. I will be back as soon as we have tested this.
    Tony
    thanks Tony

Hi Technophobe

Sorry to hear this. I will be going through PM's shortly & will get back to you as soon as I've have an update on this.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Technophobe

Sorry to hear this. I will be going through PM's shortly & will get back to you as soon as I've have an update on this.

Thanks
    Al
    thanks Alan

Hi Technophobe

Just replied to your PM there :) 

Thanks
    Al

Hi Technophobe

Thanks
    Al
    Still not resolved  :(   Patience wearing thin as this will be 2 weeks without service in a month...

Hi Technophobe

Thanks
    Al
    Still not resolved  :(   Patience wearing thin as this will be 2 weeks without service in a month...
    Very sorry to hear this Technophobe

I see that the case is again in the hands of a crew of technicians as from today (reference number 12781095) with a targeted resolution for 24hrs. I have also just noted the re-occurrence of this issue and requested urgency on it's fix. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Technophobe

Thanks
    Al

I see that the case is again in the hands of a crew of technicians as from today (reference number 12781095) with a targeted resolution for 24hrs. I have also just noted the re-occurrence of this issue and requested urgency on it's fix. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan

I have heard nothing yet today either though....

Hi Technophobe

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan

Really sorry about this Technophobe - leave it with me and I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update

Al

Hi Technophobe

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan

Really sorry about this Technophobe - leave it with me and I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update

Al
    Thanks Alan, but I really need some assurance that this is not going to drag into next week..

• Advertisement

Hi Technophobe

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan

Al
    Thanks Alan, but I really need some assurance that this is not going to drag into next week..
    Hi Technophobe

The technician has done some work on this remotely today, can you please check this and let me know if there is an improvement?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bigpaul15

I have the same issue and have been on hold to this week alone for 7 hours. Its a joke really. "Technician should be out with next 4 working days"!!!! Really poor poor service. Actually laughable.

Hi Technophobe

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan

Al
    Hi Technophobe

The technician has done some work on this remotely today, can you please check this and let me know if there is an improvement?

Thanks
    Al
    Only got to check late last night Alan.....DSL light back on and wi fi network seems to be back working...That's all I got to check but seems like a good start..I will check in detail over the weekend...
    Can you pm me what appears to have been the issue ?

thanks
    Michael 

Hi Technophobe

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan

Al
    Hi Technophobe

Thanks
    Al
    Only got to check late last night Alan.....DSL light back on and wi fi network seems to be back working...That's all I got to check but seems like a good start..I will check in detail over the weekend...
    Can you pm me what appears to have been the issue ?

thanks
    Michael 
    Good to hear that Technophobe

The most information available in regards to the issue is that it was a result of a line fault located externally - further specifications are unavailable I'm afraid.

Please let me know if you need anything else - I'll be happy to help

Al

Phone and broadband gone again.. Joke at this stage..
    Whoever picks this up, can you get someone to ring me or pm a number to ring..Really peed off with this..

Phone and broadband gone again.. Joke at this stage..
    Whoever picks this up, can you get someone to ring me or pm a number to ring..Really peed off with this..

Are you still experiencing issues?

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement