Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeForce 8800GTX replacement?

Options
  • 02-04-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Folks, my GeForce 8800 GTX finally died.

It's in the kids PC now, so I don't want to spend much.
    What's out there for sub €200 price bracket which will plug in as a replacement?

Thanks

Trackerman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

trackerman wrote: »

What's out there for sub €200 price bracket which will plug in as a replacement?

Thanks

Trackerman

Hmm is that a 2x 6 pin PCI Express card?

Going to guess pc pretty old. So you don't need anything fancy will only be held back.adverts 100-130 euro will get you a nice upgrade

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

trackerman wrote: »

Thanks

Trackerman

Look what i have safely stored away for a rainy day,id be willing to sell cheap.
    It was used for no more than 6 months in my sons pc before he got into xbox with his mates,i sold the pc on but kept the 8800.
    It should slot straight into existing rig.

unnamed.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You can pick up a card for next to nothing on adverts that will be faster but use far less power.

Something like a GTX650 or 7770 won't set you back more than about 50-60 euro and will be an upgrade in every conceivable way - feature set, performance, power usage, etc.

Alternatively, an old 8800GTX can be gotten for about 20 euro on adverts to replace like-with-like.

If you're looking to buy new an 80 euro GT740 or an R7 250X would do the trick as outlined above.

Advertisement