Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 111

Options
  • 02-04-2015 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me those this bus serve any purpose what so ever it seems to be just a short working of the 7 that has very low frequency

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Dunno really.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Used to be a proper DART feeder that ran frequently and helped the 7 cope with number from DL, frequently it was full at the shopping centre at busy times and filled in some of the enormous gaps that always appeared on the 7. Now it is utterly pointless due to very low frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

It offers extra capacity between Loughlinstown and Dun Laoghaire, especially at morning peak - they fill the 30 minute gap at Loughlinstown when the 7 departs Cherrywood.

Up until last summer it was possible to purchase a Dart ticket on the bus, but this has been replaced by Leap card.

There were plans to extend it to Loughlinstown Hospital, but this has yet to happen. It is one of the routes currently out to tender by the NTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

I have to say though I used to love the old vl class on this with its green bars it looked slick

Advertisement