Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Game(s) would you buy "No matter the cost"?

Options
  • 02-04-2015 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah long thread title, but I'm trying to avoid be click baity :pac:

So what with all the recent expensive versions of games (crazy collectors editions like Destiny, BL-HJC, Watch Dogs, MGS5, Batman etc) I was wonder Gaming friends, what games would make you go "TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY GOD DAMN IT". Games where money would be no object (feel free to post the maximum you'd be willing to pay if you like)

So to get the ball rolling mine would be a proper Rock and Roll racing remake that captured the feeling of the original and supported 4 player local and online play (plz don't mention the russian remake that was cruelly taken away from me). I'd genuinely pay like €150 for that cause I'm a f**king saddo :P

Examples for others might be:
    A proper remake of FF7 that didn't ruin it.
    Shenmue 3 & 4 & 5 Trilogy Box set
    And the obvious Fallout 4 / Half Life 3 / Next Skyrim i'm sure will be mentioned so give a price guys :)

Anyway you get the idea, discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

A remake of tie fighter with oculus support willing to pay the full credit limit on my card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Alan Wake 2
    Half-life 3
    Fallout 4
    Knights of the Old Republic 3
    Monkey Island 3 - Money is no object for this one as long as Ron Gilbert is the writer and director
    Medal of Honour on Frostbite 3 in the WW2 era
    Commandos 4
    UT99 - remastered and re-released.

Older games: Moonstone, Chaos Engine, and The Settlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Shenmue 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

System Shock 3
    Resident Evil 2 re made like RE 1 was for the GameCube.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Final Fantasy series... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Terranigma 2.
    Turrican 4
    Call of Duty Best Of - Black Ops 2 engine with the best maps from throughout the series remade.
    World of Warcraft 2 - I'd hate myself for it but still would.
    Knights of the Old Republic 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

None. I used to buy games at full price before, pre ordering and buying on release but never again. The profit on games is way too high on PC and these days I just wait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

GTA:Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Battlefield 5 : Northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

PES4-6 remastered with online play. Leave the Master League exactly the way it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

A bit common but the GTAs are always quality and never a let down!
    Any red dead redemption game they bring out (super game)
    If they ever brought out a columbo game I would be first in line too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Cormac... wrote: »
    So to get the ball rolling mine would be a proper Rock and Roll racing remake that captured the feeling of the original and supported 4 player local and online play (plz don't mention the russian remake that was cruelly taken away from me). I'd genuinely pay like €150 for that cause I'm a f**king saddo :P
    PES4-6 remastered with online play. Leave the Master League exactly the way it was.

Finding it hard to think of a better example than the two above.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A remake of tie fighter with oculus support willing to pay the full credit limit on my card.

I take it you've seen this then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

A main series pokemon game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

leisure suit larry with more tits...and in 3d...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Decent remakes of Syndicate and Cannon Fodder from the days of the Amiga.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

All the people who posted above, if you took the game you mentioned...would you pay 500e for it ? Really ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SeantheMan wrote: »
    All the people who posted above, if you took the game you mentioned...would you pay 500e for it ? Really ?

I'd never pay that for a game. I won't even pay full price of €59.99 for Bloodborne.

Will trade for it or buy when it's reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Probably none. I have games I would buy from certain developers, day one, without ever reading a review....but no matter the cost...nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Final Fantasy 7 a proper remake
    Battlefield 5 - Vietman with classic 60s-70s music

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If there was a situation where say, I didn't own said pokemon game, everyone said it was really good, nintendo weren't printing anymore of it, and it was impossible to find for a better price, then yes I would be €500 poorer for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

omerin wrote: »
    None. I used to buy games at full price before, pre ordering and buying on release but never again. The profit on games is way too high on PC and these days I just wait.
    Based on? :confused:

As for me, for a game I want to play now, I'll pay the regular retail price. If the retail price was to rise over time due to increased development costs then I'll just buy less games. I have no problem with waiting to play something due to a backlog but I don't think I've ever consciously waited for a game to become cheaper before buying it. It's kind of hard to give a reasonable answer as to the absolute max I'd be willing to spend on a release since, realistically speaking, it's never going to get to that stage.

Collectors Editions are different obviously but I've not bought one of those in ages. I was quite tempted by the Homeworld one but didn't bother in the end. When it comes to those types of releases, if the additional contents are worth it, then I'd consider it but it wouldn't have anything to do with it's perceived value as a "collectors item".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It's not something I've ever really thought about. Anything I really want to play is within my ability to purchase for a reasonable price.

That said, if Tekken 7 is console exclusive I might end up getting a PS4 second hand or something but not anytime soon. So I guess Tekken is worth 100s of € to me. I'd much rather just buy it on PC though, of course... even at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Destruction Derby 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Half life 3
    FF6 3D
    Super Metroid remastered
    UT99 remastered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Baldurs Gate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A proper Steel Battalion sequel using the original awesome controller via patching cable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

logik wrote: »
    Battlefield 5 - Vietman with classic 60s-70s music

you know there was a BFBC2: Vietnam ya?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Destruction Derby 3.

Already out, in fact there's a fourth one as well, for the PS2, Destruction Derby Arenas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_Derby_Raw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A proper Steel Battalion sequel using the original awesome controller via patching cable

I would gladly pay big for a reissue controller and new game

Advertisement