Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Game(s) would you buy "No matter the cost"?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

There's no game that i would buy "no matter the cost" but there are games that would push me to pick up an 8th gen console,
    Deus Ex 4
    Halo Wars 2
    Alan Wake 2
    KOTOR 3
    A sequel to Jedi Outcast. I know there was a Jedi Academy, but it did feel more like a spin-off than a true sequel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ostrom wrote: »
    I would gladly pay big for a reissue controller and new game

I don't think my games room could cope with another full size controller for that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Kotor 3, provided the game was actually finished this time, would probably get a couple hundred from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Nothing at any cost however if my computer is needing to be replaced I do tend to wait till the latest civilization game is launched before buying a new one, just to be on the safe side.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune collection(arcade only games atm) would be so good to be brought to consoles or PC but because of licencing issues it will never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Already out, in fact there's a fourth one as well, for the PS2, Destruction Derby Arenas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_Derby_Raw

Like me, probably meant a new DD with the joy of DD2!

I would pay anything up to €150 for a remaster of the Legacy of Kain series, and possibly even more for a proper sequel. Only downside would be not having Tony Jay in it.

Shenmue 3 goes without saying.

The rest I wouldn't pay more than normal:

A remake of Rollcage would also be awesome.

G-Police
    Oni
    The Mark of Kri (Have it at home, must replay it)

I'm sure theres more, I just can't think right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Shenmue 3, I would probably pay 500 euro for it! A dreamcast version would be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That magical game full of trees and acorns that peter molyneux keeps promising and going into great detail describing before eventually releasing something different .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

A Broken Sword in the vain of 1 & 2. The ipad game was a throwback to the old days but was released in 2 episodes and the 2nd part was very lacklustre.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Knights of the Old Republic 3
    Monkey Island 3 - Money is no object for this one as long as Ron Gilbert is the writer and director

Do you mean Monkey Island 5, because there's already a 3 and it's cartoon graphics make it look fantastic, even after more than a decade since it's release?

Portal 3
    Next gen-
    Elder Scrolls
    Mass Effect (if they can make a good enough new trilogy and avoid the Shepard storyline)
    Fallout
    Borderlands 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

None. I've only ever got collectors editions for World of Warcraft series, and even stopped that once Blizzard offered digital delivery.

I picked up a lot of PS2/PS1 reworks for PS3 from PSN, and even at a few euro each felt really "meh" about them. I'm not really nostalgic bout my gaming. I've gone back to PS2 and N64 genre games and the ageing and appearance irks me to the point I can't play them.

Would happily re-buy some favorites if they were brought into current gen spec, likes of Resident evil 1&2 and a few other bits. But not really feasible, so I don't worry about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Baldurs Gate

i take it you've seen pillars of eternity? great great game

for me it would also be knights of the old republic 3, its amazing this hasnt been made tbh, everyone wants a proper game in the vein kotor1 and somehow the big wigs havnt copped it :confused: might be for the better though with bioware being owned by ea these days,
    but after playing pillars id gladly let obsidion take reign over a new knights than bioware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

A great Sonic the Hedgehog game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

dunworth1 wrote: »
    you know there was a BFBC2: Vietnam ya?

I remember that. It was Damn cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Do you mean Monkey Island 5, because there's already a 3 and it's cartoon graphics make it look fantastic, even after more than a decade since it's release?

Portal 3
    Next gen-
    Elder Scrolls
    Mass Effect (if they can make a good enough new trilogy and avoid the Shepard storyline)
    Fallout
    Borderlands 3

I think Monkey Island 3 the cartoon version is hilarious. Loved Murray the evil talking skull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I'd pay massive beans for a remake of the Baldur's Gate games along with a 3rd in the series so I could further immersive myself in that epic story.

Advertisement