Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any 10k's May bank holiday weekend?

Options
  • 02-04-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Looking for a 10k on the May weekend? Around Clare/Tipp/limerick area?
    I know it's the same weekend as the GLR, but on the off chance I missed something. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Only 10k I know of anywhere close is in Tralee on the Monday. €20 which is very reasonable by standards in Run the Kingdom events... Think anyone organising a race in those 3 counties would avoid that weekend. There is a tough 5 miler in Limerick City the previous weekend on the Friday evening if that's any good to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Foxychick

I think there's a 10k in Belclare near Tuam Galway if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Here you go - I took out any 5ks:

May 2015
    Tipperary...Fri 1st (7pm)...John Kelly Memorial 7km Run...€?...In aid of Loughmore NS...
    Cork...Fri 1st (7:30pm)...Kilworth Camp 5 mile...€?...
    Waterford...Sat 2nd (7pm)...Waterford to Tramore 7.5 mile road race...€10 pre-entry/€12 on the day...
    Cork...Sun 3rd (?)...Bay Run Half-Marathon & 10k...€?...
    Cork...Sun 3rd (1pm)...Munster Ladies Charity mini-marathon...€20...Mallow...info...
    Kerry...Mon 4th (10am)...Rotary Club 10k, Tralee...€21.50...

This is a fab resource. Wish I was a designer/developer would honestly offer to help improve the layout but great resource I use it all the time: http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie/p/calendar.html

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you said Cork. I just realised you said Clare. Would you be willing to travel? I know the Bay Run is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

Thanks all, think I might just do the 6mile as part of the glr, looks flattish, Tralee and Fermoy would be a good spin for me, the whole of May seems to be a quiet enough month for races.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 foreverblue

Leixlip 5K is on the 2nd of May! You could do a warm up lap before or a cool down lap after! ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement