Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Retriever Rescue

• 02-04-2015 9:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I am looking to rescue/ adopt a golden retriever from rescue centre/dog shelter. I have conatacted a number of sites online <snip>, irish guide dogs, the rehome thread on the Animal and Pet Issues section here etc. but no luck.

If anyone knows of somebody that has a golden retriever that needs a new home please contact me. Age doesn't matter

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The bred club as a section on their webpage about rehoming - http://www.aigrc.com so maybe contact them too?

Guide dogs post on FB when they have dogs to re-home but just to be aware they're often rehoming the dogs due to medical conditions so epilepsy or hip/elbow dysplasia so you could end up with huge vet bills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

thomqs wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I am looking to rescue/ adopt a golden retriever from rescue centre/dog shelter. I have conatacted a number of sites online <snip>, irish guide dogs, the rehome thread on the Animal and Pet Issues section here etc. but no luck.

If anyone knows of somebody that has a golden retriever that needs a new home please contact me. Age doesn't matter

Regards

The rescue you mentioned does rehome And foster dogs in Ireland (this was not always the case). Did you contact the irish co ordinator? If so I an sure she will get back to you very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

have send you a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I know one of the women very well who helps run one of the rescues you mentioned, she is always desperately looking for foster homes. Perhaps you could foster with the view to adopt? She is based in Dublin. Drop me a PM if you would like contact info. :)

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

If you're on Facebook you could also keep an eye on the Pound pages, I've seen a few retrievers ending up in the pound, PM me if you want some names of pages to look on

• Advertisement
Advertisement