Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Secueity Camera to NAS

Options
  • 02-04-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hey,

Bit of a niche subject I imagine but I'm looking for some advice. I want to get an IP camera to monitor my home. I already have a ReadyNAS on my network so I want to record video to my NAS. I dont want to use ReadyNAS surveylance because its not free and I dont want to pay their licence fee.

What are good options of IP cams that can save video to my NAS 24/7 in high def? How does it work? Over FTP? Additionally I want remote access to my cam

Thanks

Edit: Typo in subject - sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

rcanpolat wrote: »
    Hey,

Bit of a niche subject I imagine but I'm looking for some advice. I want to get an IP camera to monitor my home. I already have a ReadyNAS on my network so I want to record video to my NAS. I dont want to use ReadyNAS surveylance because its not free and I dont want to pay their licence fee.

What are good options of IP cams that can save video to my NAS 24/7 in high def? How does it work? Over FTP? Additionally I want remote access to my cam

Thanks

Edit: Typo in subject - sorry

Have a look at the Hikvision cameras, comes with remote software too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 golu

I can recommened you to select a camera with support for POE (Power Over Ethernet) and H.264 compression (to minimize network load).
    I have a couple of TRENDnet TV-IP310PI (same camera as Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I) that I am pleased with and saves the video streams from those to a FreeNAS computer 24/7 using the free software ffmpeg. For remote access I use TRENDnet App.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rcanpolat

golu wrote:
    I can recommened you to select a camera with support for POE (Power Over Ethernet) and H.264 compression (to minimize network load). I have a couple of TRENDnet TV-IP310PI (same camera as Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I) that I am pleased with and saves the video streams from those to a FreeNAS computer 24/7 using the free software ffmpeg. For remote access I use TRENDnet App.

My nas doesn't support ffmpeg so that's out

Advertisement