Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dogfooddirect soft crates?

• 02-04-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a soft crate from Dogfooddirect or had a look at them at shows etc - if so are they sturdy? I want to go bricks and mortar for this because I'll need to try it for size in the car before I buy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I used to have a soft crate, not from Dogfooddirect though. It was sturdy enough, but if you have a dog that is a chewer in any way, they can chew their way though fairly quickly. With a husky puppy, mine lasted about 6 months, which I thought was good. I used to take it to football matches that my son was playing in, if dogs weren't allowed on the field that the pitch was on, my argument was that the dog wasn't ON the field, he was in a crate with a floor ;) It used to contain him very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I got one from him. I find it great although still getting the hang of folding it. It is sturdy. It is for my Italian Spinone. He is well used to them though & never tries to escape. I use it at shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It'll be for Lucy to lie in when we're in the so no worries with her chewing or trying to bust out...like she did with my last one lol!! It was like the end of Gladiators where they used to break through the paper wall! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I love the soft ones because they weigh considerably less then the metal crates.

I can show it to you if you like?

Knine wrote: »
    I love the soft ones because they weigh considerably less then the metal crates.

I can show it to you if you like?

Ah thanks but there's no need I've seen them at expos so know what they're like but was never interested in them before! I'm trying to find a way to give poor Bailey more space - she has him crushed against the side of the boot or back door. Usually when I open the door she's under neat him lying down and he's standing up and can't move with her! :p If she just sat up like him I'd have no problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

The chap out there is really sound. If you pop out to him Im sure he'll let you trial it. I typically buy all my food there and I was thinking about a hik9 bed, Mick just said bring it home see if they like it if they don't bring it back no problem. I didn't even pay him until I was sure the dogs liked it and it suited the location in the house.

ElKavo wrote: »
    The chap out there is really sound. If you pop out to him Im sure he'll let you trial it. I typically buy all my food there and I was thinking about a hik9 bed, Mick just said bring it home see if they like it if they don't bring it back no problem. I didn't even pay him until I was sure the dogs liked it and it suited the location in the house.

Yeah the hi-k9s are great aren't they? :)
    Going to call out to them on tues and hopefully it fits the way I want... Or else I might be changing cars lol!

Well got the crate today and it fits perfect where i wanted it so hopefully Bailey gets some space!! It so well made especially compared to the last one I had (from petplanet)- delighted with it!

Update - she LOVES it!! Took to it straight away - I usually have to encourage her out because she just wants to sleep in it lol! :p

345946.JPG

Advertisement