Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Easter Weekend (+ League Cup Rd 2 Fixtures Apr6/7)

• 03-04-2015 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Premier Division

Friday

Sligo Rovers v Bray Wanderers @ 5;45pm

Shamrock Rovers v Galway Utd @ 8;00pm

Drogheda United v Bohemian FC

Cork City v Derry City

Saturday

Limerick FC v Dundalk FC @ 6;30pm

Longford Town v Saint Patricks Ath. @ 7;30pm

First Division

Friday

Athlone Town v Wexford Youths

UCD v Finn Harps

Waterford United v Shelbourne

Saturday

Cobh Ramblers v Cabinteely FC

Great weekend for getting out to see a match,enjoy if you do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

League Cup matches on Monday too.

15:00 Waterford United - Cork City
    16:00 Sligo Rovers - Derry City
    17:00 Galway United - Cockhill Celtic
    19:00 Cabinteely - Shamrock Rovers
    20:00 University College Cork - Cobh Ramblers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

20:00 University College Cork - Cobh Ramblers

And Dundalk v Shelbourne on Tuesday in the same comp just to round things off ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will be a long trek to Sligo from Cork to see if Maciej can get the team to find the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Expect 4000+ at Cross again tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Great news for Limerick City fans this weekend. The entertainers of Dundalk FC are heading your way to brighten up your empty grey miserable lives. Prepare to be dazzled by the champs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Some beautiful staggering of fixtures going on there for Easter Monday. 3 o clock, 4 o clock, 5 o clock ROCK! 7 o clock... Think the UCC vs Cobh game is on the Tuesday though.

Tuesdays League Cup fixtures are:

Crumlin Utd vs St Pats -7:45

Dundalk vs Shelbourne- 7:45

Bohs vs Longford Town- 7:45

UCC vs Cobh Ramblers- 8:00

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bray beating Sligo 2-1, both down to 10 men. Bray with 2 penalties.

Heary under serious pressure if he doesn't get a win out of this.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

3-1 Bray. Heary can **** off. That's shocking.

That's shocking stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sligo. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Guess scoring 86 goals in pre season doesnt really count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Il be amazed if Heary lasts the season the Minnow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Slolgo.

Big crowd in Turners Cross already with massive Qs outside for tickets.

My decision to not bring gloves was a poor one though.

gimmick wrote: »
    Slolgo.

Big crowd in Turners Cross already with massive Qs outside for tickets.

My decision to not bring gloves was a poor one though.

No Sub keeper on the Bench??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City off the mark !!

Prendergast sent off for bohs for a 2nd yellow. Hearing the ref carded the wrong player for the 2nd one, Fitzgerald made the foul.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City bang in their second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Rovers 1 up :D

How bad are the Refs in this league?? 15 years supporting LOI and it's the same aul **** every year

• Advertisement

Drogs miss a 45th minute peno against 10 man Bohs. Ref having an absolute stinker.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Drogs miss a 45th minute peno against 10 man Bohs. Ref having an absolute stinker.

Did he take the peno?

major bill wrote: »
    How bad are the Refs in this league?? 15 years supporting LOI and it's the same aul **** every year

Refs are the same in every lge, they make a lot of mistakes. Wasnt it a premier lge game last week that the ref sent off the wrong player?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Did he take the peno?

He might as well have, it was sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

City get their 3 rd. !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

If the first division scores stay as they are and Cabinteely beat Cobh, the first division table is going to look really strange. All the teams except Cobh are so close.

City win 3-0 in front of a fantastic 5104 !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

If the first division scores stay as they are and Cabinteely beat Cobh, the first division table is going to look really strange. All the teams except Cobh are so close.
    Hey I resent that, it looks great. End the season now :D
    Big game home to Athlone next week for us now.
    McHughs goal was meant to be a cracker

• Advertisement

major bill wrote: »

I stoppec complaining years ago, both teams have to play with the same ref.

Whistle goes an nobdy has any clue who is getting a free or why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was great to see City pass the ball and more importantly play good football.

The first and third goal were terrific team play goals. Great crowd too.

Only thing is its bloody freezing still going to games. Summer football is late coming, but City will be there come October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I thought the ref in the Drogheda match had a good game, in actual fact the only thing he got wrong was that the challenge for the peno was probably a straight red. Kavanagh was also about 3 yards offside for the initial ball.

From where I was standing for the 2nd yellow, it looked like both Prendergast and the full back made contact with the player. Between the ref, the lino who was nearby, and the 4th official who he also talked to, you'd assume he got the right man and I think he did.

Horrendous peno from Kavanagh and Drogs were wasteful all second half. Really should have won and came away with nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Rovers weren't great but did enough. Two pretty fortuitous goals for Mikey Drennan and a great goal from Brandon Miele.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Refs are the same in every lge, they make a lot of mistakes. Wasnt it a premier lge game last week that the ref sent off the wrong player?

tbf they are only human and humans are prone to making mistakes but the difference between here and the Uk is that the refs are consistantly **** on a weekly basis here, it's frustrating

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I thought the ref in the Drogheda match had a good game, in actual fact the only thing he got wrong was that the challenge for the peno was probably a straight red. Kavanagh was also about 3 yards offside for the initial ball.

From where I was standing for the 2nd yellow, it looked like both Prendergast and the full back made contact with the player. Between the ref, the lino who was nearby, and the 4th official who he also talked to, you'd assume he got the right man and I think he did.

Horrendous peno from Kavanagh and Drogs were wasteful all second half. Really should have won and came away with nothing.

He was only short of pulling on the Claret and Blue in the first 45mins. The peno itself was dubious, and that's being kind. I was right in front of it. A red? Not at all. Prendergast should NEVER have went, abysmal decision. Totally the wrong player. It really seemed like 10 vs 12 in the first half. He was more competent in the 2nd half though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Despite the ref we still won 1-0. The LONG season continues.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I thought that was a pretty heavy 3-0 win to be honest. Could've been a lot more except for some Winn saves. Great goal from Miele. Second killed the game was fortunate, but Fahey and Drennan could've had four before that.

That's four goals between the strikers and four between three wingers.

I find it very entertaining to watch Gavin Brennan play, not an instinctive player, you can nearly see the gears and mechanics grinding in his head as the play develops.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

By all accounts a gutless performance from Derry down at the Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Went to my first League of Ireland match in about two years tonight, went up to see Rovers against Galway. Rovers were much the better team but didn't look that clinical in the first half, second half they were much better and in the end it could have been 4 or 5. Was very impressed with Madden at right back, thought he got up and down the pitch very well, Rovers wingers on both sides were very poor I thought. Fahey showed glimpses of brilliance but wasn't consistent throughout the game, especially in the first half when Galway weren't giving the midfield much space. Number 4 for Galway looked decent in the first half.

Enjoyed the experience overall, will definitely look to fit in as many as possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

NIMAN wrote: »
    By all accounts a gutless performance from Derry down at the Cross.

Im not in a postion to know how Derry were playing before last night but thats as easy as Ive ever seen City have it against Derry. Ye always had a lot about ye in the final third over the years with creative players and always been ding dong battles but I'd be surprised if Elding touched the ball 15 times in the whole match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Went to my first League of Ireland match in about two years tonight

Hope you had a good day out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Corholio wrote: »
    Im not in a postion to know how Derry were playing before last night but thats as easy as Ive ever seen City have it against Derry. Ye always had a lot about ye in the final third over the years with creative players and always been ding dong battles but I'd be surprised if Elding touched the ball 15 times in the whole match

15? I can honestly say I seen him touch the ball once. Genuinely forgot he was on the pitch.

I think Derrys plan last night was to "get among em" early on with some rather questionable tackling. Other than that they had nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

NufcNavan wrote: »

"Two teams out there ref!"

It was never a penalty first of all. Kavanagh was offside, used his arm to control it and Murphy got the ball. Lino was about 5 yards off the pace and somehow between them they made the decision.

From where I was it looked as if both Prendergast and Fitzgerald made the tackle but the ref, who may have feel he made the wrong decision a few seconds previously not to send Prendergast off, saw an opportunity to make up for his "mistake"... although the first foul was a definite yellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

McHughs strike against UCD last night, link
    Lovely finish, looks fitter than he has done for 2 years and already has as many goals as last season (says it all about our year)

first goals conceded but top of the league :D

Pighead wrote: »
    Great news for Limerick City fans this weekend. The entertainers of Dundalk FC are heading your way to brighten up your empty grey miserable lives. Prepare to be dazzled by the champs.

1-1..... Nothing grey about that......for Limerick anyway. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Great results for Limerick and Bray. The Connacht derby next week is huge now.

Longford were leading Pats 2-0. It's now 2-2 and in injury time.

Disappointed we didnt win that game, played most of the match with 10 men and were the better team. 3 goals in the game were superb Longfords 1st the standout, they hit the bar in the last second.

LOI refs well both sides had to play with him, never a peno but lino thought it was.

Going to Petition the FAI to force all non dublin clubs to play on Saturdays, 2 away trips in a row on a Saturday. Getting home at 11 is quite handy :)

EA Sports Cup Round 2 matches down for decision today.

Preview: http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/13966/

Preview: http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/13972/

Preview: http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/13971/

Preview: http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/13967/

FT. Waterford United 0-2 Cork City

FT. Sligo Rovers 0-0 Derry City

HT. Galway United 1-1 Cockhill Celtic