Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do people in Limerick learn languages?

• 03-04-2015 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello! I have plans to open a language school in Limerick. I have three ideas that would make classes and learning environment different than in other places. There would be English classes for foreigners but also Italian, Spanish and French ones for Irish people. I was thinking to rent one tiny office with reception and one room to arrange it according to my plans. My only concern is whether there would be demand on it. Do you think that if my teaching method is really innovative (I checked it outside Ireland) Irish people in Limerick would like to study foreign languages? Thanks for any suggestions.

I also would like to hear from speakers of languages mentioned above to potentially participate in the project if you find it interesting. Please pm me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

There's already 1 or more language schools. I don't know if demand is there for another to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,206 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

If your to hit any market hit the market of Grinds for teens in school. There's always something to be milked there. Give the school leaflets to handout, tell them if they get x amount of students to sign up then you will donate x amount of money to the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Most places that run "Night Courses" offer languages as options so there is some interest there, the question is can people afford the time/cost to do intensive weekday study?

Advertisement