Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aras Attracta Swinford

Options
  • 03-04-2015 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys.
    Does anybody know whats happening to the investigation in Aras Attracta???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Which investigation? There were at least 2, if not 3. The Garda one is gone to the DPP afaik.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    Hi Guys.
    Does anybody know whats happening to the investigation in Aras Attracta???

Judging by the news during the week, I'd say **** all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

This is crazy, if the residents living in Aras Attracts were in a position to vote you would have every County Councillor and TD and Minister on TV and radio looking for answers 'on their behalf' no doubt. The HSE will try and cover it all up like they did in Co. Sligo in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Five staff members at the Áras Attracta residential centre in Co Mayo are to be charged with assault, it is understood, following an investigation into care standards at the HSE-run facility in Swinford.

Good, not going into any details but these people really deserve it and then some.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Xenji wrote: »
    Good, not going into any details but these people really deserve it and then some.

But outside of a slap on the wrist what will happen to them? they need to send out a message now on this and give them what they deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

yop wrote: »
    But outside of a slap on the wrist what will happen to them? they need to send out a message now on this and give them what they deserve.

You would hope they get more, but you are probably right, the other 8 members that were being investigated should be banned from any similar jobs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Xenji wrote: »
    You would hope they get more, but you are probably right, the other 8 members that were being investigated should be banned from any similar jobs.

Aye, I will believe it when I see it. You take the lady who misread nearly 15,000 xrays. She was moved to something like 6 different hospitals, maybe someone spotted something so kicked the can down the road.
    We will see but in this country if you dont pay your licence you go to jail, you mismanage a bank and need a bail out or beat up defenceless old people you get a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

yop wrote: »
    Yes, according to RTE:
    The charges will be brought under Section 2 of the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act. Proceedings will be taken at the District Court in the coming months. The maximum penalty for anyone convicted on these charges is a fine of up to €1,905 or up to six months in jail - or both.
    It is understood that one of the five people will face a number of charges, with the four others being charged on one count each.

leck wrote: »
    Yes, according to RTE:

6 months would send out a good strong message. I'm sure its still going on in other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

A fine, jesus the uproar if thats all anyone got.

i found it very difficult viewing altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Sober Too

The surprise to me was why it took so long to nail the abusers. And in such an unassuming town like SWINFORD , hmm !

This is just the very thin edge of the wedge , come back soon to SWINFORD and this time RTE investigations unit , spread your net even wider , plenty more to expose HERE , trust me , sick doesn`t do Justice !!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there anywhere the documentary is available to watch? I missed it when it originally aired and haven't had the opportunity to see it since.

Advertisement