Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanum Pad Thai Noodles

Options
  • 03-04-2015 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hello, I just thought I'd ask this here as someone might be able to help!

Has anyone ever tried the pad thai from Kanum? I've only ever had it the Body and Soul festival and it's amazing, in fact it's one of the reasons I'm returning this year! I'd say I had it about 3/4 times last year. Has anyone ever tried them and if so, would anyone have a recipe that would even be close to their pad thai?

I have tried various recipes from websites and it's so disheartening when they never taste even nearly the same. I need these noodles in my life! (sad but true)

So if anyone even had a good pad thai recipe I would be delighted if you could put it up here for me and I'll give it a go :)

Thank you!

Ps mods I hope it's ok to mention the company's name. If not, could you please delete it and I'll be over the moon with a good pad thai recipe :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

it's so disheartening when they never taste even nearly the same

MSG?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Herisson posted this Pad Thai recipe in The Cooking Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

My hubby had pad Thai from there last night, I had the seafood platter, we LOVE Kanum in chez Merkin!!

I've got an amazing Thai cookbook called Rosa's Thai Cafe (best cookbook in the whole wide world EVER incidentally, when I got it I went through every single page without exception going nyum, nyum, very nyum, nyum, double yum, yum, oh wow yum, yum, OMG yum, yum, oh yum....etc etc you get my drift!!! :D. You know with some cookbooks you can be yum, hmmmm, meh, yum, nah, yum, hmmm maybe, yuk, mmmm etc?!

I digress.

She has a really really good Pad Thai Goong recipe on page 168 so if you want pick up a copy of the book but if you can't be arsed I will send you a photo of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭pinky 06

MSG?

One of the best things about their food is that it's all fresh and no msg :)

Merkin wrote: »
    My hubby had pad Thai from there last night, I had the seafood platter, we LOVE Kanum in chez Merkin!!

I've got an amazing Thai cookbook called Rosa's Thai Cafe (best cookbook in the whole wide world EVER incidentally, when I got it I went through every single page without exception going nyum, nyum, very nyum, nyum, double yum, yum, oh wow yum, yum, OMG yum, yum, oh yum....etc etc you get my drift!!! :D. You know with some cookbooks you can be yum, hmmmm, meh, yum, nah, yum, hmmm maybe, yuk, mmmm etc?!

I digress.

She has a really really good Pad Thai Goong recipe on page 168 so if you want pick up a copy of the book but if you can't be arsed I will send you a photo of it.

That would be great! I'd really appreciate it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Here you go :)

Merkin wrote: »
    Here you go :)

Thanks a million, I'll let you know how I get on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cakeboyee20

Try not to use MSG, not really good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,393 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Try not to use MSG, not really good for you.
    Why is it not good for you?

Advertisement