Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre service down ... please help

Options
  • 03-04-2015 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,

My mother is an efibre customer and has been without service since Tuesday.  She phoned customer services on Wednesday and was told there were know issues with her cabinet and everything would be working in a few hours.  On Thursday it still wasn't working so she phoned back and got the same response.  I got her to ask a few of the neighbours if their service was down and surprise surprise, their efibre was working. The houses in my Mam's estate are all served by the one cabinet, so this is at odds with what Eircom had told her.  I phoned Eircom on her behalf Thursday evening and told the person in Technical support about this.  They ran a test on the line and got me to do a hard reset of the router (holding in the small button at the back with a paper clip) but this didn't work.  The "DSL" light on the router does go green but the "Internet" light stays red.  Now I was told that their is no issue with the cabinet itself but instead there is an issue with whatever port my Mam is connected to in the cabinet.  I couldn't be told when this would be fixed and was fobbed off with what my mother was told when she called "give it a few hours".  Anyway the reason I'm asking for help here, is that it is now Friday and the issue still persists.  Could someone please look into this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

UPDATE : Eircom were working at cabinet this afternoon and service seems to be restored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

doney84 wrote: »
    UPDATE : Eircom were working at cabinet this afternoon and service seems to be restored
    Thanks for updating the thread doney84 - apologies for the inconvenience caused.

AL

Advertisement