Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikc registration question

• 03-04-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice please. I imported a puppy last month and am waiting to receive his FCI Papers.
    His papers are ready but there is a spelling error in my name, - there are 2 extra letters added for example - Sandra would be Sanandra or Thomas would be Thomomas

would this make a difference or would they allow me to change the error when I am changing his papers to IKC?

I have tried to contact the Ikc but they must be closed for holidays.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Shouldn't be a problem, I assume your address etc is on the papers, and the dogs microchip number?
    Just add a note in with the application saying there's a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Are you in Ireland or abroad? I'm not sure you can register the pup with the IKC if it's a foreign dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

kylith wrote: »
    Are you in Ireland or abroad? I'm not sure you can register the pup with the IKC if it's a foreign dog.

Yeah you can Kylith. You just need the papers etc and the import pedigree from the breeder and you can do it.

Lots of breeders import pups from abroad to show etc and register them :)

andreac wrote: »
    Yeah you can Kylith. You just need the papers etc and the import pedigree from the breeder and you can do it.

Lots of breeders import pups from abroad to show etc and register them :)

Well, I sit corrected, thanks :)

I assumed that being registered with a KC would be sufficient to enter shows, like how dogs from the US compete in Crufts without being registered with the UKKC. I also thought that only the breeder could register a pup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

kylith wrote: »
    Well, I sit corrected, thanks :)

I assumed that being registered with a KC would be sufficient to enter shows, like how dogs from the US compete in Crufts without being registered with the UKKC. I also thought that only the breeder could register a pup.

You still have to be registered with that KC in some way to compete, exhibit etc.

Yes the breeder registers the litter, but once the dog is in the new owners name you aren't registering a pup as such if you get me?

• Advertisement

I see what you mean. Thanks for the explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mondeo10

Thanks everyone for the help ;) There should be no problem registering him with the IKC, everything else is correct except my first name. The breeder can still get it changed but it will mean waiting longer and I want to start showing him so I'm just getting a little impatient ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mondeo10

mymo wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a problem, I assume your address etc is on the papers, and the dogs microchip number?
    Just add a note in with the application saying there's a mistake.

I hope that's the case, I will wait till Tuesday to see if I can get through then. Thank you for your help!

Advertisement