Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Best Iphone 6 cheap plan at present

• 03-04-2015 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the best iphone 6 plan out there at present and from which provider. Looking for a plan between 35 & 45 eur per month

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from mobiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I'm on sim only with Eircom €24/month
    Unlimited calls texts and 5gb data
    Can't fault them and customer service are based here and easy to chat to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

soundsham wrote: »

Sounds like a great plan but looking for one where I don't have to pay upfront for phone

Sounds like a great plan but looking for one where I don't have to pay upfront for phone

Or under 300 upfront

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Sim free from Apple with a 12/24 month loan from bank would be cheaper than a contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Joo0 wrote: »
    Sim free from Apple with a 12/24 month loan from bank would be cheaper than a contract.

No it wouldn't and you are probably ignoring call charges you would have to pay on PAYG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

murpho999 wrote: »
    No it wouldn't and you are probably ignoring call charges you would have to pay on PAYG.

Yes I always worder people who say that... I mean if you don't use it like a phone get an iPod touch

its close

Cost of phone 699 cost of 20 euro a mth meteor basic sim only contract 20 a mth (200 text,200 mins,1gb of data)
    Total cost = 699 +600= 1299 ....cost of finace circa 30-40 euro if paid off early on 1 yr loan

comparing against 3 40.66 backage.... 290 upfront/...plus 40.66 x24 = 975.84 plus 290= 1265.84...not sure if 3 include vat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You're seriously suggesting to the OP to get a bank loan for a phone? wow!

The OP is looking for a unicorn, there's this - http://www.three.ie/online/shop/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=2321&p=voice&tariffType=contract&step=2&src=p&edt=0&itemId=0&dch=0 with the 24 month contract.

You're seriously suggesting to the OP to get a bank loan for a phone? wow!

The OP is looking for a unicorn, there's this - http://www.three.ie/online/shop/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=2321&p=voice&tariffType=contract&step=2&src=p&edt=0&itemId=0&dch=0 with the 24 month contract.

A 24 mth contract is essentially a loan no ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

soundsham wrote: »

€24pm is a 6 month deal right? After 6 months it's €39pm. At least that's what I was told over the phone with eMobile customer service this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

who_ru wrote: »
    €24pm is a 6 month deal right? After 6 months it's €39pm. At least that's what I was told over the phone with eMobile customer service this morning.

Think if your an eircom customer it stays at that price.
    Bill pay phone contracts for 24 months is basically a loan. Bill pay can work out more expensive for people and is very restrictive. Can't unlock phone till end of contract period etc.

The freedom of sim only/prepay is well worth a small bit extra. Loads of people have signed up to 24 month phone contracts and are now leaving Ireland and have to pay up cancellation fees. Anything over a 12 month contract is a no no for me.
    48 is another option but no 4g yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

I bought directly from Apple so I could use local SIM's when I travel. Saved a bunch in USA and Spain.

Advertisement