Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request: Old Satellite Imagery for Mayo - Clew Bay/Bertra

Options
  • 03-04-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I'm looking for old satellite imagery for a project on coastal erosion. Any idea where I might find this?

I have modern images and am looking for something older for a comparison.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Ordnance survey and/or Mayo County Council.

MCC had aerial photographs for some of the county in 1995 afaik.

In some parts of Clew Bay, especially the more exposed islands there is abig difference between the original OS c 1830 and present position

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Landsat imagery is free to download for everyone from here: http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/

What resolution do you need? Landsat images are 30m resolution (60m for Landsat 1 - 5) but the newer satellites also have a 15m panchromatic image.

I doubt you'd find anything better for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

'old satellite imagery' - bit of an oxymoron surely :) I'd be guessing that the imagery on www.osi.ie is probably about as good as you'll get easily anyway, has photography for 1995. Not a huge change there at first glance.

Advertisement