Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Vs Liverpool (Sat 12.45)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Raf32 wrote: »
    Coutinho really proved he was better than Ozil today too.

Ozil 50 million. Coutinho 8 million.
    Need I say more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

niallo27 wrote: »
    Need I say more.

and it shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Need I say more.

Ozils value gone up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

RasTa wrote: »
    But your team is Liverpool so this doesn't make any sense

The obsession is strong in this one ;) want a lend of a Liverpool jersey ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Thomson
    Carragher
    Souness
    McManaman
    Owen
    Redknapp
    Beglin
    Houghton

Edit: Hansen
    Lawrenson
    That's off the top of my head

Yea a player who seen Liverpool fans turn there back on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The obsession is strong in this one ;) want a lend of a Liverpool jersey ?

So I'm not allowed talk about Liverpool in a match thread now, that's obsession?

So I'm not allowed talk about Liverpool in a match thread now, that's obsession?

No just thinking you would have had a game to be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Well isn't that just a lovely way to start a Saturday. :D:p

Listening if you really must know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

keano_afc wrote: »
    Well isn't that just a lovely way to start a Saturday. :D:p

No it's a shocking way to start it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Was hoping for a win, thought it would be tight though. Unfollowing this mess sharpish!

L'prof wrote: »
    Was hoping for a win, thought it would be tight though. Unfollowing this mess sharpish!

Ah don't do that, this is where it gets fun. Every one knows Liverpool fans, above all, are the most magnanimous in defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Sterling was great today, he was one causing some trouble
    Coutinho also amazing, the rest were average.

So if two of the players were amazing and the rest average how the **** did you get beat 4-1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

4-1 happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What about all the Liverpool and Arsenal fans posting here today? You would think they would have had a game to be watching...

Always have to laugh at the ridiculousness of that argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

murpho999 wrote: »
    Isn't that easy to say after the event. I don't see much else that he could have picked when you look at his options.
    It's his options is his main issue.

He started the game with no striker on the pitch, and then people are puzzled with ye couldn't get more shots on target and are comprehensively beaten.
    It didn't take a genius to see before, during or after the match that Rodgers got his team selection wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yea a player who seen Liverpool fans turn there back on him

Ah I didn't realise that if a player had the fans turn their back on him it erased his history with the club.

@MD1990. Watching the game will tell you a lot more than stats, conveniently left out the shots on target though anyway... nice try...

What about all the Liverpool and Arsenal fans posting here today? You would think they would have had a game to be watching...

That's called discussing the game that's taking place. Personally if my team where playing I wouldn't find the time to post in a thread for a different team but each to their own and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, it's like the internet is harder to access depending what team are playing or something.

That's called discussing the game that's taking place. Personally if my team where playing I wouldn't find the time to post in a thread for a different team but each to their own and all that.

I'd have thought this was fairly obvious.

I thought wrong

Ahh found the Arsenal hate for BT lol it's only an advert

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-fans-fume-bt-sport-3851635

It takes the same amount of time to post in any thread. Ball goes dead for a bit... type away, easy.

I don't normally post in any thread when United are on but frankly, they are boring the arse off me at the minute.

Edit: Not anymore :)

mada999 wrote: »
    so top 4 is out now... can we make sure we are not in the europa league either.. thanks...

Such a **** attitude. It's a great competition if people actually watched it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Need I say more.

That shows the difference in level between Arsenal and Liverpool.

Arsenal can buy 50 million players, Liverpool can't. Why? Mostly because Arsenal play Champions League and have revenues as a result. As of now, Arsenal are a level above Liverpool and likely to remain so.

Such a **** attitude. It's a great competition if people actually watched it.

and a champions league spot for the winner. Liverpool would be mad to not want to be in that competition

Ah I didn't realise that if a player had the fans turn their back on him it erased his history with the club.

It does when you join a rival team

Godge wrote: »

Arsenal can buy 50 million players, Liverpool can't. Why? Mostly because Arsenal play Champions League and have revenues as a result. As of now, Arsenal are a level above Liverpool and likely to remain so.

Arsenal spent 30m on Sanchez. Liverpool spent £25 on Lallana, that's the difference. The reason for this Liverpool fans seem to ignore

• Advertisement

Arsenal spent 30m on Sanchez. Liverpool spent £25 on Lallana, that's the difference. The reason for this Liverpool fans seem to ignore

Speaking of Liverpool overspending on players why oh why was Kolo playing today with Lovern who cost close to 20million sat on the bench. Thats almost 50million wasted on two average players. Shocking stuff when you look at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

From Reddit.
    Does Michael Owen live in some bizarre reality where he sees the exact opposite of what has actually happened?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jonny666 wrote: »
    Speaking of Liverpool overspending on players why oh why was Kolo playing today with Lovern who cost close to 20million sat on the bench. Thats almost 50million wasted on two average players. Shocking stuff when you look at it

Lovren has been very poor for them when he's played and Toure has had some good performances when he's been called on, most LFC fans didn't expect Lovren to start from what I saw.

In fairness, the Lovren signing seemed like a no brainer to me, don't think anyone would have predicted him being as bad as he has been.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lovren has been very poor for them when he's played and Toure has had some good performances when he's been called on, most LFC fans didn't expect Lovren to start from what I saw.

In fairness, the Lovren signing seemed like a no brainer to me, don't think anyone would have predicted him being as bad as he has been.

20 million though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

2nd place - can't wait for the book about finishing second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I'm sure its Liverpools year next year. Its always the next year lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Oranage2 wrote: »

There were four books released about finished second.

Oranage2 wrote: »

If you have fans dumb enough to buy them go for it, that was embarrassing to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Could someone explain the book thing to me?

Also, I love the way Liverpool fans are bringing up the 5 - 1 defeat last season, while ignoring the fact that Arsenal beat Liverpool twice last season.

Could someone explain the book thing to me?

Also, I love the way Liverpool fans are bringing up the 5 - 1 defeat last season, while ignoring the fact that Arsenal beat Liverpool twice last season.

Some want to be writers who are Liverpool fans released books on the run in last season would have been a gold mine for them if Liverpool had of won the league but looked really stupid and embarrassing when Liverpool finished 2nd and they still released them celebrating that.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Anyone that watched him at Lyon could

• Advertisement

Anyone that watched him at Lyon could

Anyone who watched the World Cup would have seen that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm sure its Liverpools year next year. Its always the next year lol.

https://twitter.com/thphnts/status/584350495231250432

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Funny how i got flamed for having a go at the pro liverpool BT crap ....Michael Owen and even the other fella were rightly digging at us all game

Godge wrote: »

They've spent outrageous sums of money on dross. Big difference between not affording to spend big and spending big on crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

A great 3 points in the bag, another win. Who next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Arsenal have never spent 50m on a player too. Is it only Ozil and Sanchez that are over 30m for them? Dare I say even 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Liam O wrote: »
    Arsenal have never spent 50m on a player too. Is it only Ozil and Sanchez that are over 30m for them? Dare I say even 20?

As far as I know, Ozil cost 42m and Sanchez cost 32m, Welbeck at 16m is the third highest fee paid by Wenger I think.

keano_afc wrote: »
    They've spent outrageous sums of money on dross. Big difference between not affording to spend big and spending big on crap.

Some of that dross included a player you's tried to sign from lfc and got laughed at by LFC. LFC might not be the team they once where but at least LFC can say other then the torres deal they haven't been a feeder club to any other team in England ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Some of that dross included a player you's tried to sign from lfc and got laughed at by LFC. LFC might not be the team they once where but at least LFC can say other then the torres deal they haven't been a feeder club to any other team in England ;)

Sorry cant hear you from all the way down there :pac:

CBwVxEIWMAADtYY.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Pal relax, stop taking the beating so personally. It's just a game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement