Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Vs Liverpool (Sat 12.45)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Some of that dross included a player you's tried to sign from lfc and got laughed at by LFC. LFC might not be the team they once where but at least LFC can say other then the torres deal they haven't been a feeder club to any other team in England ;)
    Yeah, Liverpool have recently had only two players that anyone better than them in the league might want, and only sold one of them to a better English team That's a big score in their favour. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Raf32 wrote: »
    Sorry cant hear you from all the way down there :pac:

CBwVxEIWMAADtYY.jpg:large

ah sure I hope LFC finish lower don't want Europa league now that a top 4 finish is more then likely not gonna happen.
    Ah sure in a few years when you sell Sanchez and Ozil to see city they might win some trophies.

Pal relax, stop taking the beating so personally. It's just a game.

What does the truth hurt or something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

ah sure I hope LFC finish lower don't want Europa league now that a top 4 finish is more then likely not gonna happen.
    Ah sure in a few years when you sell Sanchez and Ozil to see city they might win some trophies.

Some ambition there. The winner gets a champions league spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

So you won't want Liverpool to win the FA cup then? :rolleyes:

jonny666 wrote: »
    Some ambition there. The winner gets a champions league spot

What's the point in going into the Europa , the amount of games in it kills a team. Look at spurs this year. They have barely won a game after a Thursday night game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

What's the point in going into the Europa , the amount of games in it kills a team. Look at spurs this year. They have barely won a game after a Thursday night game.

And can still go ahead of Liverpool tomorrow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What does the truth hurt or something ?

Obviously not as much as the loss today hurt you.
    Seriously, you are letting yourself down with your childishness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Jesus you are incredibly bitter

• Advertisement

Without sounding like a Liverpool fan, a club like Liverpool needs to be in Europe. Its too big a club not too be. A team like Liverpool should also be able to compete in Europe and the league.

If you ever get back in the CL again you could find yourselves an even worse seed and be in an even tougher group than you were in this year. Liverpool needs european competition. Shocking that as a fan you dont want it.

Would you rather finish 4th and get a CL spot or 5/6th in the league and a EL win and a CL spot that way. I know which Id prefer. Realistically the EL might be the easier of the two ways for Livverpool to get in the CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Quit while you're miles behind smiley, it's getting embarrassing at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

It does when you join a rival team

So because he joined another team, he is not an ex-Liverpool player??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

mesutozil5001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I can understand why Sterling is looking to leave, but where would he fit in to the arsenal starting eleven?
    He's probably better off staying where he is as the main man at liverpool for a couple more seasons until he's ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Some of that dross included a player you's tried to sign from lfc and got laughed at by LFC. LFC might not be the team they once where but at least LFC can say other then the torres deal they haven't been a feeder club to any other team in England ;)

The gift that keeps on giving. :)

• Advertisement

Quit while you're miles behind smiley, it's getting embarrassing at this stage.

Miles behind dunno how you make that out , a club that thinks it's bigger then it really is. Only big clubs win European cups.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I can understand why Sterling is looking to leave, but where would he fit in to the arsenal starting eleven?
    He's probably better off staying where he is as the main man at liverpool for a couple more seasons until he's ready.

Sterling would be really stupid to leave Liverpool I think. 20 years old, 100k a week and starting for Liverpool week in week out. He could easily sign the contract, stay for another 2/3 years prove he is as good as he thinks and then get whatever move he likes. He'd still only be 23/24.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Jesus you are incredibly bitter

Nah just acting like some of the posters on your thread is all ;)

I still think Liverpool can push for fifth if they get their form together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Miles behind dunno how you make that out , a club that thinks it's bigger then it really is. Only big clubs win European cups.

If you're trying to come across as the stereotypical living in the past Liverpool fan that everybody hates then you're doing an amazing job of it

• Advertisement

Sterling would be really stupid to leave Liverpool I think. 20 years old, 100k a week and starting for Liverpool week in week out. He could easily sign the contract, stay for another 2/3 years prove he is as good as he thinks and then get whatever move he likes. He'd still only be 23/24.

Completely agree. But of course young men can be impatient and hes probably looking at the team around him and saying "Jesus Christ, we spent 100m in summer and we're worse than last season, I'm Off!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I still think Liverpool can push for fifth if they get their form together.

They are 5th now. What are you talking about. What is the point of this ****e talk.

Havent Feyenoord won it?
    Villa?
    NOttinhgam Forrest? Twice.
    Hamburg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

at least LFC can say other then the torres deal they haven't been a feeder club to any other team in England ;)
    "Other than that time when we were a feeder club, we've never been a feeder club"

Yep.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    2nd place - can't wait for the book about finishing second.

Arsenal had two books about finishing 4th last season. What's your point.

niallo27 wrote: »

I Mustve missed those niall, would you be able to provide a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Arsenal are streets ahead of Liverpool right now, not only in terms of playing staff but also in terms if their prospects for the future.

It looks really bright right now at Arsenal.

Just deal with it.

It's not a reflection on your club to say another club has done well recently.

Or celebrating 4th like they won a trophy it was an embarrassment.

Havent Feyenoord won it?
    Villa?
    NOttinhgam Forrest? Twice.
    Hamburg.

What's your point ?

Just showing how small time your club is if they can win it and you can't.

gosplan wrote: »
    This would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Arsenal are streets ahead of Liverpool right now, not only in terms of playing staff but also in terms if their prospects for the future.

It looks really bright right now at Arsenal.

Just deal with it.

It's not a reflection on your club to say another club has done well recently.

Arsenal fans wanted wenger sacked at the start of the season. Bright for arsenal. Come on. Same thing every season. Arsenal fans get their hopes up play good football. It all goes tits up. If only we didn't have injuries we could have won the league. I am hearing the future is bright for 6 or 7 years now.

• Advertisement

What's your point ?

Just showing how small time your club is if they can win it and you can't.

You stated only big clubs win the european cup.
    i counter argued by giving the examples above.
    You're now saying that they're small teams, contradicting yourself.

In football parlance i'd say your heads gone and you should probably sit the next few plays out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Don't be bitter lads. Take your tonking on the chin.

Liverpool are in a better position than Arsenal.
    Have a new stadium to build.
    Coming fifth while Arsenal are second.
    Can talk about European cups that they have won years ago.

You stated only big clubs win the european cup.
    i counter argued by giving the examples above.
    You're now saying that they're small teams, contradicting yourself.

In football parlance i'd say your heads gone and you should probably sit the next few plays out.

Nah not really gone you just highlighted how bad arsenal are in Europe that's all and thanks it gave me a good laugh.

I am hearing the future is bright for 6 or 7 years now.

What a load of bollox. It's only the last two years that people have been saying the future is looking good for the gunners. And in those two years it is. Wenger is building a team. The years before arsenal were tipped every year to fall out of the top 4 so you are talking shîte.

Nah not really gone you just highlighted how bad arsenal are in Europe that's all and thanks it gave me a good laugh.

Its good to laugh, i'm glad you're happy.

sometimes I just sit and think of how bad clubs are in Europe and I just laugh and laugh!
    Ah the craic I do have. Just Laughin Away. like A Moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Arsenal fans wanted wenger sacked at the start of the season. Bright for arsenal. Come on. Same thing every season. Arsenal fans get their hopes up play good football. It all goes tits up. If only we didn't have injuries we could have won the league. I am hearing the future is bright for 6 or 7 years now.

The first thing you should do is look beyond the short-termism and un-realistic expectations of the average fan.

Sanchez seemed to thing it was bright for us.

Liverpool are in a better position than Arsenal.
    Have a new stadium to build.
    Coming fifth while Arsenal are second.
    Can talk about European cups that they have won years ago.

Nobody is saying that. We are just saying it's the same old arsenal every year. Does this sound familiar. Next year will be our year. If only for injuries.

Its good to laugh, i'm glad you're happy.

sometimes I just sit and think of how bad clubs are in Europe and I just laugh and laugh!
    Ah the craic I do have. Just Laughin Away. like A Moron.

Oh I am happy it's funny to watch when you see a set of fans bang on about how they always play in the champions league get to the last 16 or quarter finals and bottle it big time.

• Advertisement

The first thing you should do is look beyond the short-termism and un-realistic expectations of the average fan.

I thought he only picked us for London :pac:

Sterling seemed a bit dazzled too mid week

Oh I am happy it's funny to watch when you see a set of fans bang on about how they always play in the champions league get to the last 16 or quarter finals and bottle it big time.

Maybe Arsenal fans should just stick to banging on about today, aye?

Arsenal are in a better position than liverpool right now but honestly is it not worrying that things are stagnant for years now.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Maybe Arsenal fans should just stick to banging on about today, aye?

What ever makes you happy I don't mind

Arsenal are in a better position than liverpool right now but honestly is it not worrying that things are stagnant for years now.

See that nice shiny 60k seater stadium we played in today?? Wonder where the money for that came from?

• Advertisement

See that nice shiny 60k seater stadium we played in today?? Wonder where the money for that came from?

You never mentioned injuries.

Em the money came from trees ?? It is paper after all.

I feel like they are making progress. People are slowly running out of sticks to beat them with.

- Arsenal can't win a trophy
    - Arsenal can't beat the big teams
    - Arsenal don't sign big players
    - Arsenal are a selling club
    - Arsenal can't beat a big team away
    - Arsenal don't show up to 12.45 kick off

etc etc

Slowly but surely, I feel like they're moving forward. Until they win the league, it will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Where ya reading that Niallo?? The red tops is it?? Certainly not among rational Arsenal fans or football ones in general.

Some Arsenal fans wanted a change and many many didn't. I for one didn't.

For those who take the time to look we took a gamble to secure our future. We did that. We have built one of the finest stadiums in Europe and guaranteed that future through great sacrifice from Wenger and success. It has always been estimated that Arsenal would be I a position to compete financially from 2014 on. In that period we have signed Ozil, won an FA Cup. In 2015 we signed Alexis who rejected Liverpool, improved our squad a lot...and are 2nd in the League and still in FA Cup. We spent 60 million.

Ye finished 2nd last year...spent 100 million and yer 9 behind us. And have outspent us in last few years while we have had to bide our time and money. So let the poor mouth stuff go and face reality.

You never mentioned injuries.

Would you not be worried about the serious regression of Liverpool from last season? Or were you happy with just a season away from 6th/7th?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement