Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New neighbours in Ferrybank

Options
  • 03-04-2015 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

IMG_0088%20-%20Copy_zpstrdpfyay.jpg

New neighbours opposite the Library - see the Gardai having a chat with them this morning .

They seemed to be having a picnic when we were passing

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Tell them about the water in the area and they might move away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

The front half is in Waterford and the rear is in Kilkenny - that's the caravan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

No shame eh. I wonder how long they will be allowed reside there for?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Potentially libellous post removed. Unless you can back up your allegation with a valid source, than don't post it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Traveller's only use Bold fonts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

New neighbours opposite the Library - see the Gardai having a chat with them this morning .

They seemed to be having a picnic when we were passing

Call around with a bottle of wine introduce yourself and break the ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

that photo sums up why they are not liked by the majority of people.

I suppose martin Collins from pave point will be on next to defend them

the state of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

has anyone noticed that the car is running on the spacesaver wheel so it would be "dangerous" and possibly illegal for them to move somewhere else. (common enough trick!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

foggy_lad wrote: »
    has anyone noticed that the car is running on the spacesaver wheel so it would be "dangerous" and possibly illegal for them to move somewhere else. (common enough trick!)

Has anyone noticed they've encamped on the side of a busy road and are casually sitting out on the grass verge. You'd imagine in a country with such a love of health and safety this couldn't possibly be permitted....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Has anyone noticed they've encamped on the side of a busy road and are casually sitting out on the grass verge. You'd imagine in a country with such a love of health and safety this couldn't possibly be permitted....

Yes and actually on footpath to really cause an obstruction.

I'm sure the litter warden and dog warden would make money here too :) .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Yes and actually on footpath to really cause an obstruction.

I'm sure the litter warden and dog warden would make money here too :) .

None of em would go near em as they would be accused of discrimination or some silly thing. But im sure if it were you or I we would be shifted on fairly lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Well, look at them in the blazing sunshine in Ferrybank and I'm freezing on this side of the river

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

they parked up in the old texaco station near redbridge service station the other night and were obviously moved on and parked up here!!! this is the same crowd that got burnt out is it not

Time to send in the Freewheelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

It's the poor puppy in the photo I feel sorry for. Getting used to life at the end of a rope. :(

That's the guard dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

^^^^^^
    Or dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I like their idea of living on the periphery of society. They remind me of Henry David Thoreau, the great nineteenth century writer who lived in self-imposed exile and was arrested for not paying taxes.Oh the romantic lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

they parked up in the old texaco station near redbridge service station the other night and were obviously moved on and parked up here!!! this is the same crowd that got burnt out is it not

Think thats the same guys that had their van completely wreaked, I past them when they reported it to Ferrybank Cop shop. Originally they were parked on the new road from New Rath to the Redbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I passed by this location tonight around 8pm and the lads were fixing the back of a large painting.

Must have been a valuable one as there were two guys holding it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I passed by this location tonight around 8pm and the lads were fixing the back of a large painting.

Must have been a valuable one as there were two guys holding it .

Well established artists sure aren't they ?? I heard they have great bargains too apparently their a right steal for the price ....

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

ah come on lads don' t be like that. It's their culture. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Right, don't think this thread is going anywhere to be fair lads. So I shall lock 'er up and throw away the key.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement